ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born Child where Parent does not have ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zaib2556
Newly Registered

UK Born Child where Parent does not have ILR

Post by zaib2556 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Hello there
I am new user and this is my first post.

I am currently on Tier 2 General Visa, and going to apply for ILR in July 2016 however have some questions for those I could not get satisfactory answers and confusing me. Although things are much clear after reading posts on this website but want more specific answers.

1. I have two dependents, my wife and son fours years old. Can I exclude him (son) from ILR to apply his registration as a British Citizen at the later stage?

2. My wife had joined me in March 2012, does she qualify for ILR with me in July 2016?

3. We are expecting a baby at the end of July 2016, at the same time when we'll be applying for ILR. my question is that if he/she born while our application in process, does he/she qualify for British Citizenship automatically? or will have to follow second option which registration and then BC.

Thank you very much in advance to those who would help me in this.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Born Child where Parent does not have ILR

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:46 pm

1. Yes, insofar as the child was born in the UK.
2. Yes.
3. You must be settled on the day the child is born, for the child to be automatically British, a premium service appointment (for you) may be the better option.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

zaib2556
Newly Registered

Post by zaib2556 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Thank you very much Amber, much appreciated.

zaib2556
Newly Registered

Post by zaib2556 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:09 am

Sorry forgot to mention one more thing.

I will qualify for ILR through two categories, Tier 2 General and long residency at the same time. My question do I need to maintain any funds if I decide to apply through either Tier 2 or long residency.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:15 am

no funds required, but u must apply on the basis of tier 2, otherwise your wife will not be eligible to apply for ilr with you. she will have to apply for another visa and wait for another 5 years if you were to apply on the basis on LR

zaib2556
Newly Registered

Post by zaib2556 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:20 pm

Thank you very much iworker, much appreciated and I would act upon your advice.