ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching jobs just before ILR application. Any risks?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chssvi

Switching jobs just before ILR application. Any risks?

Post by chssvi » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:30 pm

I'm currently in the UK under a Tier 2 general migrant visa sponsored by my employer ever since I came to the UK. In mid October I'll be eligible to apply for ILR (5 years). A potential new employer has gotten in touch with me.

I've told them that it should be easier to switch jobs after October when I get my ILR but they have said that they may want me to join sooner and would do all the paperwork needed to replace my current employer as sponsor.

Regardless, I would still apply for ILR in mid-October but I was wondering if there are any risks or added difficulties to the process if I switch jobs. For instance, with the employer letter setting out absences from the UK given that all absences would have taken place with what would then be my previous employer.

Thanks!

Ayk123
Newly Registered

Re: Switching jobs just before ILR application. Any risks?

Post by Ayk123 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi!

I just wanted to check if you ended up having any issues getting an ILR or it was all fine? I am in the same position now, switching sponsor with a start date in the new company of 4 May and I would be eligible to apply for ILR on 6 May...

Thank you very much :)