ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does anyone know?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dunca

Does anyone know?

Post by dunca » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:03 pm

I contacted UKVi using the online contact form to check if they received my docs that I sent a week ago (though it has been signed for) and also to check the status of our application which was lodged via priority .

Got an email back that a decision has been made on the application , that it may take time to get passport and docs back due to administrative Formalities to be made.

We haven't received any message from UKvi stating a decision has been made .

I am really concerned, has anyone experienced such? and how did it turn out? Should I ask them when decision was taken?

I am even scared cos I submitted the docs 5 days after biometrics. So my mind is torn as to whether they made a decision before recieving my docs a week ago.

Any ideas please?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Does anyone know?

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:16 pm

What application is this? A year ago you were applying for BC.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dunca

Post by dunca » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Casa wrote:What application is this? A year ago you were applying for BC.
Spouse visa applied from abroad. Application is for my spouses not me.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:58 pm

Generally an indication of a refusal at this stage would be a refund of the NHS surcharge.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dunca

Post by dunca » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:09 pm

Does that usually happen quick , I mean the HIS refund?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Yes, it seems so.
(Casa, not CR001)

dunca

Decision confirmation ?

Post by dunca » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Still waiting for a letter from home office to confirm a decision has been made on our application . It's 7 working days since the call Center told me the application has been processed following an enquiry.

Is this normal ? Are there people with similar experience ?

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi Dunca,
I would like to clarify one thing. What I understood is that you have made an application for your spouse from UK but she is in other country right now. Am I correct? If so, can we do that in this way? Please reply. My visa has been refused once. We're going to reapply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:46 pm

dolly_14 wrote:Hi Dunca,
I would like to clarify one thing. What I understood is that you have made an application for your spouse from UK but she is in other country right now. Am I correct? If so, can we do that in this way? Please reply. My visa has been refused once. We're going to reapply.
No, the poster has not said this at all. The application was made from abroad. Certain countries have to submit supporting documents to Sheffield in the UK (i.e. Pakistan and the USA). A spouse abroad has to apply from home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dunca

Post by dunca » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:36 pm

dolly_14 wrote:Hi Dunca,

My spouse submitted application abroad , I then sent supporting documents from uk. That's the procedure for us

dolly_14

Post by dolly_14 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:35 am

Got it.. Thank you both for the reply..