ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa duration is less than a year.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pearli
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa duration is less than a year.

Post by Pearli » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:16 pm

My employer recently asked to see my tier 2 visa so they record the expiry date. When I gave them my BRP card, I noticed it said
Valid until: 01-10-2016
Issued :UK 01-11-2015
This is less than a year duration. I know the length of stay for a tier 2 visa says "up to 3 years" , so it could be 2 years, but I didn't think it would be less than 1. Is this a mistake on my brp or did my employer only put less than a year on my CoS. I've had this BRP for awhile now. Can it be amended or do I have to request another CoS in 6 months? I just feel it's a waste of money to reapply less than a year.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 Visa duration is less than a year.

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:22 pm

Check the copy of the COS which you would have received from the employer at the time of application. If you don't have one, ask the employer to check the details on SMS to confirm. If the CoS was indeed for an year, you will need a new CoS and need to apply again for extension.