ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF4A English Requirement for Wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niceguy1
India

VAF4A English Requirement for Wife

Post by niceguy1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi,

I am currently residing in UK with a recently grated ILR. I have arranged all the documents for my wife and have just one query regarding Section 8 of the VAF4A, "English Language Requirement".

My wife has an M.Tech. Biotech degree from Amity University in India. If she gets a letter from her university stating that the degree was indeed taught in English, does she automatically meet the requirements of English Language or do I need to pay UK NARIC for a certificate. If I do pay UK NARIC, do I pay for "English Language Assessment" service or "Statement of Comparability" service? Also, is there a list of universities from India whose degree is automatically accepted as being certified in English.

I would be grateful if you could kindly help me with this. This is the last step of our application and we are stuck on it. Thanks

ellingham84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: VAF4A English Requirement for Wife

Post by ellingham84 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:41 pm

See Appendix FM-SE section 31. NARIC is required. English language assessment seems like the correct option to me.

niceguy1
India

Re: VAF4A English Requirement for Wife

Post by niceguy1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Thanks for your reply. I saw that and since it says "evidence of academic qualification recognized by UK NARIC", I thought UK NARIC or UKVI had a list of recognized universities maybe where we could go and confirm if our univ comes under it or not. Anyway, thanks will apply for the certificate then.