ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

financial requirement for Dependant Child Settlement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukinoz
Newly Registered

financial requirement for Dependant Child Settlement

Post by ukinoz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:19 am

Hello

Im really helping someone can help, I have gone around and around on the ukgov website

I am a British Citizen by decent, my child has New Zealand nationality, I did not spend 3yr prior to his birth in the UK so I must apply for a settlement visa for him

My question is:

Is there or is there not a financial requirement for his type of settlement visa I understand there is a maintenance and accommodation requirment. We are both residing in Australia and I am wanting to go back to the UK to work.

The following webpage Immigration Rules Part 8 - Family Members, provides details of what is required with regard financials when it is a child of a parent settled in the UK - that would be me as a British citizen returning to the UK with her child.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...family-members

As can be seen there is no mention of minimum financial income levels etc, but there is reference to accommodation and maintenance.

Clause 297

(iv) can, and will, be accommodated adequately by the parent, parents or relative the child is seeking to join without recourse to public funds in accommodation which the parent, parents or relative the child is seeking to join, own or occupy exclusively; and
(v) can, and will, be maintained adequately by the parent, parents, or relative the child is seeking to join, without recourse to public funds;

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me? My head is spinning :roll: