ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse UK Settlement Visa From Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IAyyaz
Newly Registered

Spouse UK Settlement Visa From Pakistan

Post by IAyyaz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Assalamu Alaikum Everyone,

Looking for some insight,

I had applied for mu husbands UK Settlement Visa and recieved a confirmation email on the 07/11/2015.

I had sent off all my supporting documents off to Sheffield via next day recorded delivery and after checking the status on the Royal Mail Tracker the documents had been signed for on the 13/11/2015.

After much waiting I got this email:

"Dear *********

Regarding Visa Application: GWF*********
For: ************

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section"

I want to know if anyone has gotten a similar email and after how long did a decision be made.

Thank you in advance for any support you can give.

sophia20

Re: Spouse UK Settlement Visa From Pakistan

Post by sophia20 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:58 pm

Nearly everyone gets that email lol you just have to wait it out, some people get their visa sooner and some later. I got that email back in march or so and my husband got his visa at 10 months. They're probably doing more checks or stuff :)

IAyyaz
Newly Registered

Post by IAyyaz » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:47 pm

sophia20 wrote:Nearly everyone gets that email lol you just have to wait it out, some people get their visa sooner and some later. I got that email back in march or so and my husband got his visa at 10 months. They're probably doing more checks or stuff :)
Thanks for the reply.

The thing that's worry me is that I've spoken to a couple people who said they were contacted and asked for some additional information. But no one has been in touch yet.

Also, it doesn't give any information as to how long it will take to do these 'additional checks', so does that mean I will be waiting for a long time?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:53 pm

There aren't necessarily any 'additional checks'. The UKVI often send out these standard letters when they are coping with a back-log of applications to cover themselves for not being able to process them within the policy guidance.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:22 pm

Even if they ask for more stuff its nothing to worry about, probably more bank statements or things like that. It doesn't mean you'll be waiting a long time, some people have got that email and got their visa soon after, just be prepared to wait, usually at 3 months ppl were getting replys but they take their time aswell I mean I'm pretty sure they were doing thorough checks on my application lol.

IAyyaz
Newly Registered

Post by IAyyaz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:56 pm

sophia20 wrote:Even if they ask for more stuff its nothing to worry about, probably more bank statements or things like that. It doesn't mean you'll be waiting a long time, some people have got that email and got their visa soon after, just be prepared to wait, usually at 3 months ppl were getting replys but they take their time aswell I mean I'm pretty sure they were doing thorough checks on my application lol.
Thanks for the reply Sophia.

Congratulation I see you finally got the visa, did you get a email like this as well?

AmanDandoo
Newly Registered

Post by AmanDandoo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi
Im in the same situation its sooo stresful i sent my documents on 5/10/2015
Received 06/10/2015
And on 04/12/2015 recieved the same email.

Ive been waiting for over 4 months now and still nithing is there any way i can contact them or check the status on line

What extra checks could they be doing?

Somebody plz re-assure me

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:06 am

They may well not be making any further checks. This is likely to simply be a justification for falling behind with their case work, leaving them outside of the published guidelines.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AmanDandoo
Newly Registered

Post by AmanDandoo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:53 pm

Yes but the thing is...
Another person who lives right nextdoor to me he applied a month after me and his wife granted the visa 2 days ago. Thats why im getting a bit concerened.
Ive searched everywere but cant seem to find an email to contact them by and also what is the escalation procedure and how does it work.

Plz reply
JZK Thanks.

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:15 am

Hi everyone,

I'm in the similar situation until last night but having received two similar emails with the last one on 4th Feb 2016, I now checked status of my wife's application on vfs website and it's now changed from complete to in active.

I made this application back in 7 October 2015 and send of documents to ukvi to 15 October with received confirmation email the next week.
Has anyone any idea about these situation please reply.

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:07 pm

Nav80 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm in the similar situation until last night but having received two similar emails with the last one on 4th Feb 2016, I now checked status of my wife's application on vfs website and it's now changed from complete to in active.

I made this application back in 7 October 2015 and send of documents to ukvi to 15 October with received confirmation email the next week.
Has anyone any idea about these situation please reply.
Email UKVI through https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, they will get back to you as to what is happening
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

faisal1983

Post by faisal1983 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:53 pm

hi my documents come back on 22/01/2015. we emailed them on 26th of January and they said ur application has been processed, wait for the administrative duties to be completed.
we still haven't got a call for the passport is it like the curse of October some this is very stressful and unnerving time its like torture. :?

Leemahrosy
Newly Registered

Post by Leemahrosy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:05 pm

Salam to All, I've applied for my husband's visa , been over 8 weeks , not received any emails at all regarding it. Everyone is talking about checking visa status... how is that done and through which website?
Jzk

Nav80
United Kingdom

Post by Nav80 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:56 pm

Leemahrosy wrote:Salam to All, I've applied for my husband's visa , been over 8 weeks , not received any emails at all regarding it. Everyone is talking about checking visa status... how is that done and through which website?
Jzk
Use following link
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/account/ ... b1ffcb664e

AmanDandoo
Newly Registered

Post by AmanDandoo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:05 am

Hi everyone

Like i said i have been waiting for close to 5 months now and still havent had a decision made. So i decided to email ukvi for an update and they replied today....
Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
service.

I understand you have been waiting for long and apologise for any
inconveniences. We have received a response from the decision making
centre, following your request for information on the status of your visa
application which states as follows:

" As advised the processing of the application has not been
straightforward. We continue to work on the application and will make a
decision as soon as possible. "

Now im really worried as to what can be going on because i know so many people who applied after me and were given there decision weeks ago now.
Please pray for me.

IAyyaz
Newly Registered

Post by IAyyaz » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:00 am

IAyyaz wrote:Assalamu Alaikum Everyone,

I had applied for mu husbands UK Settlement Visa and recieved a confirmation email on the 07/11/2015.

I had sent off all my supporting documents off to Sheffield via next day recorded delivery and after checking the status on the Royal Mail Tracker the documents had been signed for on the 13/11/2015.

"Dear *********

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section"

I want to know if anyone has gotten a similar email and after how long did a decision be made.

AslaamAlaikum Everyone,

Just a quick update: I've received a email today from VFS Global on the 13/02/2016 stating a decision has been made and the Visa Application Center will be in touch for the passport to be collected.

InshaAllah keep praying guys and I'll let you know what the decision was.

Thanks

Hello.pak
Newly Registered

Post by Hello.pak » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:33 am

IAyyaz wrote:

"Dear *********

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section"

AslaamAlaikum Everyone,

Just a quick update: I've received a email today from VFS Global on the 13/02/2016 stating a decision has been made and the Visa Application Center will be in touch for the passport to be collected.

Thanks
All the best to you! I hope you hear good news soon.
Please pray for me too. I received a similar straightforward email and am waiting for a reply anxiously.

Do tell what happens.

AmanDandoo
Newly Registered

Post by AmanDandoo » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:42 pm

Hi
How do you escalate a case somebody plz help
Ive been waiting for 4 months and 3 weeks now this wait is so haaard.
Plz advise
Thanks

Daywalkr

Post by Daywalkr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:19 pm

IAyyaz
Newly Registered

Post by IAyyaz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:20 am

Hello.pak wrote:
IAyyaz wrote:

"Dear *********

Kind Regards,

Sheffield Visa Section"

AslaamAlaikum Everyone,

Thanks
All the best to you! I hope you hear good news soon.
Please pray for me too. I received a similar straightforward email and am waiting for a reply anxiously.

Do tell what happens.
AslaamAlaykum everyone,

On the 17/02/2015 my husband got a call to pick his passport up and Alhamdulilla he's just told me it has a visa attached.

I'm over the moon. Thank you all for your love and support and InshaAllah just have alittle patience and good things will happen.

Hello.pak
Newly Registered

Post by Hello.pak » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:03 am

Walaikum salam,
Congratulations @iayyaz! So happy for you! May Allah strengthen your bond and everyone gets united with their spouses soon. Ameen. Please pray for me too. Your husband applied from Karachi?

IAyyaz
Newly Registered

Post by IAyyaz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 am

Hello.pak wrote:Walaikum salam,
Congratulations @iayyaz! So happy for you! May Allah strengthen your bond and everyone gets united with their spouses soon. Ameen. Please pray for me too. Your husband applied from Karachi?
Thanks.

InshaAllah you will soon hear the good news.

No he applied through Mirpur AJK.

Hello.pak
Newly Registered

Post by Hello.pak » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Alhamdulilah received my visa on the 19th of February! Thank you so much for the prayers.

anika786
Newly Registered

Post by anika786 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:37 am

Aslaam everyone

My biometric date for my hubbys visa was 25/11/15 but on the 16/2/16 i recieved a not a straightforward case email. Has anyone else recieved this and what was ur biometric date. Im so worried

Anika

faisal1983

Post by faisal1983 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:59 am

salam Alaikum all

i didn't get any news for while so i called them and escalated my case twice and i got and email yesterday saying that they emailed the visa center manager about it, they keep saying that all the work is finished and it should be with u and we went to the visa center asked them and they said they don't have it.
some people get there documents back and 3 days after they get there passport and i got my documents back five weeks ago and still i don't have my passport i didn't see anyone else in this situation.