ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Italian schengen visa for none eu spouse. Help

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sincejune

Italian schengen visa for none eu spouse. Help

Post by Sincejune » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:05 am

Hi.

I'm a British national. We went to an appointment to apply for an Italian schengen visa under free movement directive 2004/38 to accompany me for holiday to Venice.

In the embassy didn't take her application. They told her we don't accept marriage certificate from Afghanistan. You have bring a letter from British embassy to certify that you are his wife then we will take your application.

This nonsense British embassy will never give me a letter like that. We provide the dna tests reports which we did for our children British passports. They said dna is not a proof.

Any help or advice where can I complain about this to the eu or what other options I have.

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Italian schengen visa for none eu spouse. Help

Post by Ewald » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:11 am

Hi

I had to provide an unabridged marriage certificate that was apostiled by the foreign affairs office in South Africa where i stay. Normal marriage certificates are not always enough as these can often be tampered with.

I used that for a schengen visa for Germany.

Sincejune

Re: Italian schengen visa for none eu spouse. Help

Post by Sincejune » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi thank you for ur reply.

I gave them the marriage certificate which is attested by afghan high court and afghan foriegn ministry.
I used the same marriage certificate to apply for British passports for our children with British embassy in Kabul

They are saying if u have used the marriage certificate with British embassy why they haven't legalised it for u. Where is the British embassy legalisation stamp on this.
British embassy took copy of the marriage certificate stamped it and gave us the orignal marriage certificate back.
When applying for any uk visa or passport they don't legalise the documents like some other eu embassies.

I contacted solvit they said they accept ur marriage certificate because it was accepted by other member state and they should accept ur written statement that you have said that she's ur wife.

I'm confused who's wrong and who's right.