ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Surinder Singh - Sweden

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mak35

EEA2 Surinder Singh - Sweden

Post by mak35 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:07 pm

noajthan wrote: Good question.
Parents are a critical piece of the jigsaw.
And there has been a remarkable silence on the situation for dependent & minor children too.
Frankly at this state of play, with all bets seemingly off, I do not know.
And I just seem to get DC's voicemail at the moment, he must be busy :wink:
An interesting take on developments to be found here - but no clear answers yet:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... ng-abroad/
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know your opinion on other options for Surinder Singh Route for parents.
What are you thoughts on Sweden? I know language can be a barrier but I'm willing to take the plunge.

Correct me if I am wrong but if I go to Sweden, my parents can also travel to Sweden on Schengen Visa and then once they are in Sweden can apply for Residence card.
Here is the excerpt from Swedish Migration Agency about non-EU family members

"Your family have a right to Swedish visas if they need them to be able to travel here. After they have arrived in Sweden, they can then submit an application for residence cards. Visa applications are submitted to a Swedish embassy or consulate general in the country where they live. Close relatives of an EU citizen do not need to pay any fees when applying for a visa to accompany the EU citizen to an EU country.
Each family member who is not an EU citizen, including children, must submit their own application. The form used is entitled Application for Schengen Visa, number 119031

My question is that do I need to declare upfront that I am making use of my Freedom of Movement right (Directive 2004/38) on the invitation that I will send to my parents for the Schengen Visa?
Also what should they state on the Schengen Visa form for the question on how long are they intending to stay in the country. This is proving a tricky question as the intention is to stay longer than 3 months but according to above text from their website they can come on Schengen Visa and then apply for Residence Permit.

Looking forward to your answers. Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:48 pm

mak35 wrote:
noajthan wrote: Good question.
Parents are a critical piece of the jigsaw.
And there has been a remarkable silence on the situation for dependent & minor children too.
Frankly at this state of play, with all bets seemingly off, I do not know.
And I just seem to get DC's voicemail at the moment, he must be busy :wink:
An interesting take on developments to be found here - but no clear answers yet:
https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... ng-abroad/
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know your opinion on other options for Surinder Singh Route for parents.
What are you thoughts on Sweden? I know language can be a barrier but I'm willing to take the plunge.

Correct me if I am wrong but if I go to Sweden, my parents can also travel to Sweden on Schengen Visa and then once they are in Sweden can apply for Residence card.
Here is the excerpt from Swedish Migration Agency about non-EU family members

"Your family have a right to Swedish visas if they need them to be able to travel here. After they have arrived in Sweden, they can then submit an application for residence cards. Visa applications are submitted to a Swedish embassy or consulate general in the country where they live. Close relatives of an EU citizen do not need to pay any fees when applying for a visa to accompany the EU citizen to an EU country.
Each family member who is not an EU citizen, including children, must submit their own application. The form used is entitled Application for Schengen Visa, number 119031

My question is that do I need to declare upfront that I am making use of my Freedom of Movement right (Directive 2004/38) on the invitation that I will send to my parents for the Schengen Visa?
Also what should they state on the Schengen Visa form for the question on how long are they intending to stay in the country. This is proving a tricky question as the intention is to stay longer than 3 months but according to above text from their website they can come on Schengen Visa and then apply for Residence Permit.

Looking forward to your answers. Thanks
Be aware that Sweden is freakishly expensive and taxes are very high. The social safety net is superb of course, and there's also the fact Sweden is quite boring!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....