ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HMRC outstanding liability and naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ozzy
Newly Registered

URGENT HMRC outstanding liability and naturalization

Post by Ozzy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:57 pm

I have just applied for naturalization and I am worried about a letter I received from HMRC.
Basically I am self employed, and I used to pay my class 2 national insurance via direct debit until they stopped around November 2015 after which collection of the NI would be notified by a bill/letter.
I waited for this bill but it didn't arrive so I rang HMRC and they sent the bill last week.However it mentions that £60 of outstanding liability period payment is to made before 31st July 2016 for class 2 NI.

I have now set up a payment plan on my online account with HMRC .
Home office do check HMRC records and they will obviously see the outstanding liability period and the payment of £60 and the deadline of 31st July 2016 .Not sure if they will see the see payment plan as well.

I also submitted my statement of account which shows zero amount to be paid to HMRC. No penalties etc

Will the outstanding balance be an issue?? Or will they see that it has deadline date and the payment plan? I pray they will be sensible about it. I am thinking the reason the deadline is there is because I didn't receive the letter when I was supposed to but I will double check with HMRC tomorrow.

Many thanks

noajthan

Re: URGENT HMRC outstanding liability and naturalization

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:05 am

Sounds like BAU (business as usual).

Based on what you've said, you're not a late payer, the deadline has not arrived yet, you have a payment plan in place.

Looks all above aboard.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.