ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching employer in Tier-2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Switching employer in Tier-2 General

Post by lotus1234 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:09 am

Hi,

I recently changed my visa from Tier-2 ICT to Tier-2 General and currently under notice period which will end in two weeks. Now I got another better offer from an employer within UK and they do sponsor Tier-2 General. My question is, is it possible to switch within Tier-2 general even before joining my existing Tier-2 general sponsor? Do I need to work with my new employer for a minimum period before switching visa?

Regards
Lotus

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Switching employer in Tier-2 General

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:51 am

Simple answer is yes you can switch but consider the following.
Have you already got the tier 2 general visa for the first employer? If yes then you have secured your leave to remain. It is a simple matter of reapplying for a change of employer then even if you have actually started.
If you have not got your tier 2 general visa and it is still in the application stage you can vary the application changing the Sponsor to the second company. Make sure the Sponsor has completed the RLMT properly!

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Post by lotus1234 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:10 am

Hello Frontier,

Thanks a lot for that information. I already got Tier-2 visa in my hand with first employer, but still working in notice period for my previous/current employer.

If I am switching, I don't have to pay the NHS contribution again right?

Thanks
Lotus

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:29 am

Sorry I am not up to speed on the NHS contribution side of things :(

Gurus???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:01 am

The immigration health surcharge is payable with EACH and EVERY application you make.

You might be able to get a refund, you might not. It is not HO who is deciding to switch visas/employers so frequently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:47 am

Ouch.....
That smacks of being a little unfair if you have to pay for years that you have already contributed for..... But if that is the case there is no choice. Still cheap as chips in the grand scheme of things but on the up side it would only apply to the main applicant as the dependent visas do not change.

Need to read up on it :shock:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:55 am

Frontier Mole wrote:Ouch.....
That smacks of being a little unfair if you have to pay for years that you have already contributed for..... But if that is the case there is no choice. Still cheap as chips in the grand scheme of things but on the up side it would only apply to the main applicant as the dependent visas do not change.

Need to read up on it :shock:
Agree, but I do understand where HO is coming from, if a migrant chops and changes sponsors all the time. A migrant cannot submit an application without the IHS reference number which is generated after payment.

Some PBS Dep have actually received curtailment letters when the main applicant has changed sponsors and dep did not apply but stayed on existing PBS dep. There have been a few posts about this in recent months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lotus1234
United Kingdom

Post by lotus1234 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks again for sharing more info.

I saw another useful thread on refund with NHS surcharge. Conclusion is refund is possible/ or not possible depending on the ho case worker. See the below thread especially last few replies.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 92078.html

Regards
Lotus