ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:24 pm

ashdaone1 wrote:Hi there - I was wondering if there was a separate thread for combined applications timeline? I couldnt find any combined application timelines on the Timelines thread.

Thanks
There isn't a combined applications thread, but if you take a look through the monthly threads from around October last year, you'll see the combined applicants have posted their timelines under those.

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:07 pm

ashdaone1 wrote:
zunera mahmood wrote:Hello everybody. .
I am going to apply for my combined naturalisation and passport application on the 1 March at NCS Cheltenham. ..
I'm going to apply with my son alone ..my husband is not going to apply for naturalisation as he s going to wait for atleast 6 months and then apply due to some credit defaults. We all got our ILR last year in Feb 2015.
I am going to submit all these documents with my applicatoon. .please advise if I'm missing something.

1) Completed AN form
2)original passport
3)biometric card
4) Liuk certificate
5)English test certificate
6) marriage certificate

For my son
1) completed MN1 form
2) original passport
3) bio metric card
4) birth certificate
5) letter from school .

Completed passport application form .

Please advise if I'm missing anything ..looking forward to hear from you all soon .

Regards
Zunera
Two things to make sure:

1) You were present in the UK exactly 5 years before the date of application. So, make sure you were in UK on the 1st of March 2011. If not, they will ask you to move the date to a new one. And if you do it then, you lose your £64 appointment fee as you need to give them 72 hrs notice.

2) Bring any other old passports you have (if any).

Thanks for the reply ...I have a query do the referees sign on both the AN form for naturalisation and the MN1 form ..and also the passport forms for me and my son ..and they have to be the same ...is it true ??
zunera

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:20 pm

zunera mahmood wrote:I have a query do the referees sign on both the AN form for naturalisation and the MN1 form ..and also the passport forms for me and my son ..and they have to be the same ...is it true ??
From the latest pilot scheme experiences posted it appears that the counter signatory section of the passport is not required, if applying through the JCAP pilot scheme, since January this year. http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1297126 But do confirm with the JCAP council you are planning to apply though as well.

Fredrules03
Newly Registered

Post by Fredrules03 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 pm

Hi guys, How long does it take to receive your passport after ceremony through the joint pilot application. I had my ceremony on the 12th of Feb (13days) and nothing. I got worried and I rang HMPO they told me they are waiting on home office confirmation on me attending the ceremony. Is this normal? Anyone else in this situation? and any ideas on when to expect my passport? Thnx guys in advance for your contributions :) .

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Fredrules03 wrote:Hi guys, How long does it take to receive your passport after ceremony through the joint pilot application. I had my ceremony on the 12th of Feb (13days) and nothing. I got worried and I rang HMPO they told me they are waiting on home office confirmation on me attending the ceremony. Is this normal? Anyone else in this situation? and any ideas on when to expect my passport? Thnx guys in advance for your contributions :) .
The previous average has been around 10 days. Yours does appear to be unusual, purely as you say the HO haven't informed HMPO yet. Was your ceremony held at the same council that you used to submit your JCAP? Or was it different? My timeline is linked in the signature below, from memory it took around 10 days.

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:26 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
ashdaone1 wrote:Hi there - I was wondering if there was a separate thread for combined applications timeline? I couldnt find any combined application timelines on the Timelines thread.

Thanks
There isn't a combined applications thread, but if you take a look through the monthly threads from around October last year, you'll see the combined applicants have posted their timelines under those.
Perfect, thanks. Hadn't looked under the monthly threads.

Fredrules03
Newly Registered

Post by Fredrules03 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:29 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Fredrules03 wrote:Hi guys, How long does it take to receive your passport after ceremony through the joint pilot application. I had my ceremony on the 12th of Feb (13days) and nothing. I got worried and I rang HMPO they told me they are waiting on home office confirmation on me attending the ceremony. Is this normal? Anyone else in this situation? and any ideas on when to expect my passport? Thnx guys in advance for your contributions :) .
The previous average has been around 10 days. Yours does appear to be unusual, purely as you say the HO haven't informed HMPO yet. Was your ceremony held at the same council that you used to submit your JCAP? Or was it different? My timeline is linked in the signature below, from memory it took around 10 days.

Thnx for your quick response, I did use different councils for application and ceremony. I rang HMPO this afternoon and they told me my passport was printed this morning and should be with me in a day or two :D

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Fredrules03 wrote:Thnx for your quick response, I did use different councils for application and ceremony. I rang HMPO this afternoon and they told me my passport was printed this morning and should be with me in a day or two :D
Good to hear that. You should receive a text message when they have dispatched the passport through DX.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by Kindsoul » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:24 am

Hi to all,
Today I submitted my joint application through Wandsworth council. It all went very well and the staff is very helpful as they attended me even before my appointment time which I did not expect at all. The lady was very polite in dealing with everything. She went through all pages of the application, confirming the details, took copies of all the required documents and then later she done my passport application . This is what she told me:

Firstly they will take take the payment and send me the acknowledgment letter.
Then they will send the instructions to register your biometrics and after that the caseworker will check my application and from this point it will take between 1-2 months to get approval if everything goes fine ( she told me that this is the time period of completing the process from Home Office). Then I wiill have to book an appointment with local council for ceremony and after that in few days the passport will be sent.
I would like to thank all senior fellows here on this particular thread for guidance and support. I will surely recommend Wandsworth council if anyone considering applying.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:34 am

Regarding my JCAP application at Brent NCS

My account balance is 5000 and the available balance is showing as 2251 and their is a pending transaction for 2749 (1005+1005+739) and its still not appearing on my bank statement

My bank is Metro Bank,

Has anyone experienced that before and how many more days HO takes before taking the money out.

Inputs will be highly welcomed from applicants uisng JCAP service.

thanks

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:52 am

I just checked the bank again and the money gone off from my account.

But instead of three separate paymemts they have taken one payment of £2749. (HO treating it as a joint application.)

narsii

Post by narsii » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi Tehmina,

Usually the CreditCard transactions clear much quicker than Debit card . In My case I used a Debit card to pay, Even though HO has deducted the amount on 4th of Feb, it didnt appear on the statement till 8 th of Feb . It was under the pending transactions tab . This depends on which Bank you use and agreement between the supplier and vendors ( in this case HO and BANKS ) .

Hope this helps.
Narsii

narsii

Post by narsii » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:34 pm

From January time lines , it looks like the postal applications has taken precedence over the other channels .

Few postal aplications got approval in less htan a month .

Method of Application: Postal (19th January 2016)
Date of Receipt by UKBA: 20th January 2016
Date of Debit of Fees: paid by cheque as home office mentioned in letter that they have received cheque as of it has not debited from my account yet.
Date of Receipt of Acknowledgement: 02/03/2016 ( dated 31/02/2016)
Date of Biometric Letter Received: 03/02/2016
Date of Biometric Registration: 03/02/2016
Date of Receipt of Approval: 26/02/2016

Fredrules03
Newly Registered

Post by Fredrules03 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:03 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Fredrules03 wrote:Thnx for your quick response, I did use different councils for application and ceremony. I rang HMPO this afternoon and they told me my passport was printed this morning and should be with me in a day or two :D
Good to hear that. You should receive a text message when they have dispatched the passport through DX.
Got my passport delivered this morning. It took 14 days from the ceremony date. Thanx ☺

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:49 am

Hi Everyone,

I got a question if anyone could help. I was granted ILR on 28 March 2015. I want to find out if I can apply now or do I have to wait till exactly one year? Also is national checking service applications getting processed quicker or both are the same. I have submitted my life in uk and my masters degree for my ILR so do I have to submit again or if I check the option in the form that I have proved before will that be ok. I don't want to send extra documents last time they called me for interview for English language and it took ages.

So far the posts I've checked they are processing in roughly 2 months is it for both ncs and normal applications.

Your replies will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ali

Mik1983
Newly Registered

Post by Mik1983 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:15 am

Hello Ali

You dont need to show proof of English Language again if you applied for ILR after 28 OCT 2013.

You need your Life in UK test certificate again this time. Its a must document.

Time is now same for JCAP appointments and without JCAP appointments. Personally speaking I would go for JCAP appointment as it will cost you £60-£65 depending on council and £10 extra for passport application. If you do so then they will not call you for passport interview. So choice is yours.

You have to wait till 28th Mar 2016 and then apply for citizenship. Book an appointment now for JCAP if u r doing so for 29th Mar 2016.

Hope u get ur answers.

Mik1983

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 am

Just a note for anyone planning to apply from next month and after. Unlike in the past, it appears that this year the fee increases are effective from March 18th, and not in April.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ised-table

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:45 am

hadi2012 wrote:
Mik1983 wrote:I had a same issue. It is now alligned with non pilot schemes and you should expect your money to leave accounts in 10 to 12 working days from date of original application date.
Hi mik1983
You are right. I applied through Wandsworth council on 04/02:16 . And fee deducted on 16/02/16 and passport fee on 20/02/16. But I am still waiting for acknowledgement and biometric letter. Let see when I receive .....
Hi everyone I am still waiting for acknowledgement and bimetric invitation letter . Any idea how long it's takes these days, I don't what I do know.
My fee is clear on 17/02/16 ....

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:52 am

Hi All,

Just entered home after doing the biometrics at Windsor PO

I have updated my timeline

They have sent us a combined acknowledgement letter dated 24/02/2016 for paymemt and documents documents. (received on 26/02/2016)

We also received the biometrics letter dated 24/02/2016 for all three of us. (received on 26/02/2016)

From the date of application in NCS Brent 15/02/2016 to giving biometrics 27/02/2016 it took us 13 calendar days ( both days inclusive)

Hopefully rest of the process will also go fine.

Thanks once again to this wonderful forum.

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi Hadi,

I applied on Feb 15,2016, through NCS Brent,
Received acknowledgement letter and biometrics letter dated 24/02/2016 received on 26/02/2016.

From applying on 15/02/2016 to giving biometrics today it tooks us 13 days (both days incusive)

I think you must have receive your biometrics letter very soon as your money gone off your account a week earlier than ours.

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Hello all ..
I need the following information if you could help regarding the AN and Mn1 forms and the passport form

Queries regarding the MN1 form for my son who was born in india and applying at the same time with me for naturalisation +passport. .
1) in section 1.1 what do we have to write ..in Section of British nationality act under the application needs to be considered.

2) where to write the first name ...in Section 1.5 it says only to write surname and family name ...where to write the first name .

3) section 3 parents details what do I write. ....both the parents are not british citizens at the time of application. ..as I the mother is also applying at the same time. .so which section do we have to fill in this ..please advise.

4) section 6
BRP enclosed what do I write yes or no.
If no than what reason to give.

PASSPORT FORMS
what to write in the naturalisation number ..yes or no .

Section 10 of the passport form what do we do ..do we leave it blank .

Thanks a lot. .
Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Zunera
zunera

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi all .
Need advise on the forms ..

I need the following information if you could help regarding the AN and Mn1 forms and the passport form

Queries regarding the MN1 form for my son who was born in india and applying at the same time with me for naturalisation +passport. .
1) in section 1.1 what do we have to write ..in Section of British nationality act under the application needs to be considered.

2) where to write the first name ...in Section 1.5 it says only to write surname and family name ...where to write the first name .

3) section 3 parents details what do I write. ....both the parents are not british citizens at the time of application. ..as I the mother is also applying at the same time. .so which section do we have to fill in this ..please advise.

4) section 6
BRP enclosed what do I write yes or no.
If no than what reason to give.

PASSPORT FORMS
what to write in the naturalisation number ..yes or no .

Section 10 of the passport form what do we do ..do we leave it blank .

Thanks a lot. .
Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Zunera
zunera

Wfshah
Newly Registered

Post by Wfshah » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Can i have some help please, i applied through pilot sceheme, so done my ceremony on 24th called passport office to check with them, they said my passport application is in process and i shud hear from them for i terview letter in a qeek pr two, and i asked about sending brp , so they said to keep it safe till then, now i am confused, do u gpfor interview in pilot scheme? I am a bit scared incase i dont send brp and they delay my application :(

blue_sky
Newly Registered

Post by blue_sky » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Hello everybody. .
I am going to apply for my combined naturalisation and passport application on the 1 March at NCS Cheltenham.

I am EEA citizen and I already have the permanent residence card - holding it for more than a year now.
In such case what documents do I need to submit with the AN form?

1, just my passport/ID card,

2, the LitUK test certificate and B1 English test

3, permanent residence card it self 5 years of residency ? Or

4, do I also need something to show again 5 years worth of residency ?

5, Or documents covering just the last year (since obtaining PR?)

Thanks

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks a lot Mik1983

Mik1983 wrote:Hello Ali

You dont need to show proof of English Language again if you applied for ILR after 28 OCT 2013.

You need your Life in UK test certificate again this time. Its a must document.

Time is now same for JCAP appointments and without JCAP appointments. Personally speaking I would go for JCAP appointment as it will cost you £60-£65 depending on council and £10 extra for passport application. If you do so then they will not call you for passport interview. So choice is yours.

You have to wait till 28th Mar 2016 and then apply for citizenship. Book an appointment now for JCAP if u r doing so for 29th Mar 2016.

Hope u get ur answers.

Mik1983