ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should the accounts and bank statements be of same 12 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nasir639!
Newly Registered

Should the accounts and bank statements be of same 12 months

Post by Nasir639! » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi Guys,

I have got very basic question for you guys and I will appreciate if you could help.

I am applying for ILR in first week of April. My current Tier 1 is expiring 7th April. I am producing company accounts as I took some dividends but most of income is from salary. My accounting period is from 01/04/2015-31/03/2016 so I will be getting my accountant to prepare accounts ASAP. But need to check my previous 12 months bank statement be of same period or can I showed it lets say from March 2015 to Feb 2016?

Reason I am asking it is because I don't like doing this at last minute and it's the rush of getting my statement printed from the bank just after the 31st so I wondered if I could produce 23 months from feb16 ?

Sorry if the questions is a bit silly but we have these small things we are not sure about.

Regards,
Nas

Nasir639!
Newly Registered

Re: Should the accounts and bank statements be of same 12 mo

Post by Nasir639! » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Sorry autocorrect. I meant 12 months*

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:46 pm

Not entirely sure if this answers your question, but if you are using these statements as evidence for your previous earnings (PBS points), then the requirement is that you have two sources of evidence which corroborate the income you are claiming points for. They would need to corroborate each other. If the the periods reflected in each are different, would this be possible?

unchained
Newly Registered

Post by unchained » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:52 pm

Your earning period, the period for which you claim points may or may not be same as your accounting period (I'm assuming you are referring to company accounting period, right?).

So if you are claiming points for 1/4/2015 - 31/3/2016, you'll need:
1. Salary slips for this period (12)
2. Dividend vouchers for this period
3. Personal Bank statements for this period
4. Business bank statements for this period

If your company accounting period is same, then it's all ok. If not, say for example your company account ends on 31st May each year, you'll need:
Accounts for previous year: 1/6/2014 - 31/5/2015 (these must be already field, right?)
Draft accounts/profit and loss summary for current year: 1/6/2016 - 31/3/2016

Hope that helps.