ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) refused because of payment and issued with IS96

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alisworld_707
Newly Registered

FLR(M) refused because of payment and issued with IS96

Post by alisworld_707 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi,
I have been issued with IS96 on 18th of February' 2016. They have called me for reporting on 1st of March' 2016. I have no further case pending with the HO. Now my question is, do I have to be scared or aware of anything while going for the reporting? Would they detain me there or do anything to me there?

My application was refused due to some payment issue as I had entered my bank details and they are saying they couldnt authorise my payment thats why they refused my application. However, they also gave me an option to make a fresh application which I am in the process of doing. I have a genuine marriage with a British Citizen and we have been married for a year and in a relationship for almost 5years. I came to UK on student visa however, it expired on 31st October' 2014. I then got married on 3rd of January' 2015 and then filed my FLR(M) application on 28th of October' 2015. Our marriage is genuine, shes earning well above the income thresh hold, we are living together and everything else is legit. However, the only issue is that I have been an over stayer since 31st of October' 2014.

Can someone please advice me what should I do? And as I do not have anything pending with the home office just YET, however in a day or two I shall be making a fresh FLR(M) or FLR(FP) application to HO. Please someone tell me do I need to worry about going to the reporting on 1st of March? Please I am in desperate need of some good advice.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) refused because of payment and issued with IS96

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:43 pm

You should have applied for a spouse visa from Pakistan if you had no valid leave to remain in the UK. You have been an overstayer since Oct 2014 when your student visa expired.

What was the exact wording of the refusal (without personal details)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyborg001

Post by cyborg001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:21 pm

How did you get permission to marry by registrar with no legal status in UK? And why did you not apply straight away after marriage rather than waiting 6-7 months more?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:24 pm

alisworld_707 wrote:... and we have been married for a year and in a relationship for almost 5years.
Unfortunately, not really legit if you are an overstayer.

What form of marriage did you have?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:27 pm

cyborg001 wrote:How did you get permission to marry by registrar with no legal status in UK? And why did you not apply straight away after marriage rather than waiting 6-7 months more?
FLR(M) would still have failed as the OP had no valid leave even at the point of marrying. Good point about marrying without legal status though. Must be one of the reasons HO now has a list of approved Registry's and not all can be used anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.