ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 genral

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mo haque
Newly Registered

Tier 2 genral

Post by Mo haque » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:16 pm

Hello All,

My question is, I'm on Tier 2 General visa sponsored by IT company which allows me to work with any IT company as contractor ? it is not Umbrella company,but they look after my payroll and taxation.

how should i explain to these recruitment agency to convince them i have write to work in UK with any IT company ? because i'm getting rejected on my visa status, they think i can only work with sponsored company.

Please advice

Mohammed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 genral

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:22 pm

You are not allowed to contract on a Tier 2 General visa. You are breaching your visa conditions.

You are only allowed to work for your sponsor and hopefully they are a proper approved sponsor on the HO list. If your 'sponsor' is leaving you to find your own contracts, it is an umbrella company or similar. Does your sponsor charge a commission or take a percentage of your earnings?

The recruitment agencies are correct, they won't help you.

Tier 2 General is NOT like a Tier 1 General which did allow contracting.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mo haque
Newly Registered

Post by Mo haque » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:32 pm

Thank you for reply,

Yes its kind of umbrella company or similar,
Yes they charge me 10% from my earnings.

please advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:41 pm

You are not allowed to do what you are doing. Contracting is strictly forbidden on Tier 2 General. It is in breach of the Tier 2 G rules.

You risk your visa being curtailed/cancelled and will likely struggling to get an extension.

I suspect you also had to pay them a 'CoS fee' which would likely have been expensive. An approved sponsor DOES NOT charge for a CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mo haque
Newly Registered

Post by Mo haque » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:51 pm

But As a contractor, my company who sponsored me exchange the contracts and do the needful,
client pay my salary without tax and VAT to my company then they deduct tax and commission and pay me,
so i get payslip from my sponsored company.also they have few employees working same way and they are on contracts with reputed companies like company name removed by moderator and all which does consider tier 2 general visa on fixed term contract.

please advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:19 pm

A genuine HO approved sponsor does not charge a 'commission' out of your pay.

Did you pay a fee to your 'sponsor' for your CoS (not visa)?

See the thread below as an example of problems.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 02109.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Mo haque wrote:But As a contractor, my company who sponsored me exchange the contracts and do the needful,
client pay my salary without tax and VAT to my company then they deduct tax and commission and pay me,
so i get payslip from my sponsored company.also they have few employees working same way and they are on contracts with reputed companies like company name removed by moderator and all which does consider tier 2 general visa on fixed term contract.

please advice
You are not allowed to work via an intermediary, full stop.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:15 pm

Mo haque wrote:But As a contractor, my company who sponsored me exchange the contracts and do the needful,

please advice
You are clearly the willing or unwitting victim of a scam.

How long has this been going on for?
- how much money have they leeched out of you?

See also:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 64478.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:32 pm

And based on the link that noajthan has provided and the comments within the link from TheStationAgent and FrontierMole, I would guess that you have a problem as what you appear to be doing, is illegal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mo haque
Newly Registered

Post by Mo haque » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:31 am

Thank you very much guys,
Apology for late reply.
Want to add some thing to my query,
If i want to switch my Visa status from Tier 2 General
What are my options ? Also i want to clearify few things.
1- I came to UK in Jan 2009 finished my Msc in 2012 then was on Psw till aug 2014, from aug 2014 till Aug 2017 i have granted Tier 2 general visa ? Now the company who sponspored is going in lose and cannot afford me. so if change my visa from tier 2 to tier 1 entepunar,Suppose i have been granted visa under tier 1 will that 3 years on Tier 1 count on ILR in 2019 ?
2- If i want to do PHD or any other course in bussiness from
my former uni what are my chances to get Tier 4 visa ?
3- In worst case suppose my Tier 4 visa gets refused will that effect my current tier 2 visa which is still valid till next year aug ?
4- what is the study cap if i came in UK 2009 and studied 3 years as student in tier 4 visa ? do i still have 2 yrs of study or if i do phd the cap is 8 yrs ?

sorry for being so lengthy
please advise,
Thank u
Mo