ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayer

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ollie
Newly Registered

overstayer

Post by Ollie » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:34 pm

I am originally from Pakistan. I came to the UK in 2000 on a visitors visa. I met my wife here who is british, she had 3 children from a previous marriage. We got permission to get married (COA) and did get married in late 2000 and in 2003 had a baby together. However, my visa was only valid for 6 months. I stayed here until late 2005 early 2006. I overstayed. Out of lazyyness i didnt apply for a spouse visa, once i'd overstayed i was scared of returning, thinking i might not be able to com back. finally me and my wife made the deision that i should return and come bak the legal way I went bak to Pakistan to enter the uk legally, I got past imigration in the uk. when me and my wife applied for my spouse visa I told them everything about how i had overstayed and had been working here illegally, i was trying to be honest. my visa was refused on the basis that my wife is on benefits. the appeal was also refused beause of the same reason beause they think that i am not going to able to support myself.

How many times can i appeal a decision? How many times can i apply for a visa? would it help if my wife started to work and stopped claiming benefits? any help woulb be appreiated.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:59 pm

If that was the main (only?) reason given, it's certainly a good idea to increase your wife's income and show savings.

Hiro
Newly Registered

Re: overstayer

Post by Hiro » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:10 am

Ollie wrote:would it help if my wife started to work and stopped claiming benefits?
I guess so

m000n

Post by m000n » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:08 pm

my case is the same and i m medecaly not fit for work but i m working for my hubby.i was taking benefit before now i stoped evevry thing and i work two jobs to suport my hubby document.yours wife have to be strong,i know this is very hard but if she will not then you will not get visa.