ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Obligations under Directive 38/2004/EC

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bmqr
Newly Registered

Obligations under Directive 38/2004/EC

Post by bmqr » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:11 pm

HI,
I wonder if someone can help with what obligations INIS has under directive 38/2004/EC specially in regards to processing applications within 'X' time per say.

I wrote to INIS in November, December 2015 received response that they are processing applications received by office in May 2015.

January 2016 same response and even I received an email today and same response. they recently replied to be that "we endeavour to issue a decision as quickly as possible, in line with the obligations placed on us under Directive 38/2004/EC".

I was wondering someone can help as to what is the maximum time they could take if any as per policy please.

Much appreciated.

Jane20231
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Obligations under Directive 38/2004/EC

Post by Jane20231 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:55 pm

What exactly they replied to you today ???

bmqr
Newly Registered

Re: Obligations under Directive 38/2004/EC

Post by bmqr » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Their response is as follows;

"Thank you for your email of 25/02/2016. In relation to the above applications, we endeavour to issue a decision as quickly as possible, in line with the obligations placed on us under Directive 38/2004/EC.

Applications received in this office are processed in the order in which they are received and processing times do vary based on a number of factors. The application numbers that you have mentioned were received in this office on the 4th of September 2015. At this time, due to the number of applications on hand, we are currently processing applications of that type received during May 2015. We constantly review the applications
received and allocate available resources accordingly to ensure visa applications are processed in as speedy a manner as is possible.

I hope this goes in some way towards answering your query and as mentioned above, we hope to issue a decision as quickly as possible."

You may notice in my post this is the third month they says they are processing applications received in May 2015. Also they may well have received the application in September but we did submit in August at their Karachi office.