ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visas to Residence card

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heetdpatel

Schengen Visas to Residence card

Post by heetdpatel » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:54 pm

I have a some question for Schengen Visa.

If some on (NON EU) enter in Europe as a Schengen Visa. Then after if she dose marriage in Europe with European person who is currently excessing his right in other country like Germany(He is British) .After marriage can she apply for a residence card in Germany or she have to go back on her country and from there she have to apply?

noajthan

Re: Schengen Visas to Residence card

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:14 pm

heetdpatel wrote:I have a some question for Schengen Visa.

If some on (NON EU) enter in Europe as a Schengen Visa. Then after if she dose marriage in Europe with European person who is currently excessing his right in other country like Germany(He is British) .After marriage can she apply for a residence card in Germany or she have to go back on her country and from there she have to apply?
Apply from RC from within the host member state; (Germany in your example).

What you are describing is the current modus operandi of EU free movement.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

heetdpatel

Post by heetdpatel » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:19 pm

Is it possible to send link?

And in this case what time German high commission issue the residence card? and for how long.

He is self employed in Germany.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:31 am

heetdpatel wrote:Is it possible to send link?

And in this case what time German high commission issue the residence card? and for how long.

He is self employed in Germany.
My husband came to Germany on a Schengen visa, we married in Denmark and he then applied for his German residence permit a few days later. No problems at all.

Just one thing: getting married in Germany as a non-EEA national on a Schengen visa is nearly impossible and a giant pain, takes ages to get permission and is very expensive. Denmark was the only way we could have done it.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

heetdpatel

Post by heetdpatel » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:06 pm

ALKB

If we do marriage in Denmark then what time German council need time to issue residence card.

And please can you confirm how long this card valid?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:14 pm

heetdpatel wrote:ALKB

If we do marriage in Denmark then what time German council need time to issue residence card.

And please can you confirm how long this card valid?

That depends on a great many things. They can take up to six months or longer if document verification is needed. If the EEA spouse is clearly exercising treaty rights and the marriage certificate is an EU document, it should not take this long. Just be aware that most immigration departments across Germany are currently working with a skeleton staff due to the refugee crisis, so it's anybody's guess how long EEA applications now take on average.

Residence cards for family members of EEA nationals are valid for 5 years.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.