ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU family member with residence card travelling alone UR

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kishni2001
Newly Registered

Non EU family member with residence card travelling alone UR

Post by kishni2001 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi there, I am a Filipino married to a British. I have a residence card as a family member of an EU exercising his freedom of movement. I have a residence card issued by Spain but would like to travel to France alone for a couple of day? Do I need a visa still or can I just use my resident card even though I am not travelling with my husband? I will be flying so I am worried the airline staff will not let me fly... Advice urgently needed please!!!

noajthan

Re: Non EU family member with residence card travelling alon

Post by noajthan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:24 pm

kishni2001 wrote:Hi there, I am a Filipino married to a British. I have a residence card as a family member of an EU exercising his freedom of movement. I have a residence card issued by Spain but would like to travel to France alone for a couple of day? Do I need a visa still or can I just use my resident card even though I am not travelling with my husband? I will be flying so I am worried the airline staff will not let me fly... Advice urgently needed please!!!
Mabuhay!

See guidance here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/europe ... 95372.html

My understanding is hubby needs to accompany you (or be there & you join him).
Bon voyage!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:32 am

noajthan wrote:
kishni2001 wrote:Hi there, I am a Filipino married to a British. I have a residence card as a family member of an EU exercising his freedom of movement. I have a residence card issued by Spain but would like to travel to France alone for a couple of day? Do I need a visa still or can I just use my resident card even though I am not travelling with my husband? I will be flying so I am worried the airline staff will not let me fly... Advice urgently needed please!!!
Mabuhay!

See guidance here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/europe ... 95372.html

My understanding is hubby needs to accompany you (or be there & you join him).
Bon voyage!
The OP is not traveling to Schengen but within Schengen.

Shouldn't be a problem, especially since it is not even possible to apply for a Schengen visa within Schengen.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:04 am

Thanks for clarifying.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.