ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 Dependant Biometrics

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arun Mohan C R
Newly Registered

UK Tier 2 Dependant Biometrics

Post by Arun Mohan C R » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi everyone!

My fiancé will be applying for a Tier 2 General Dependant Visa in early march, 3 days after the Wedding. She will be applying from the Bangalore, India VFS office.

My question is regarding mehendi/henna on the hands.

To be clear, the question is - can she apply mehendi on the palm of her hands and NOT apply it on the whole of the top and underside of her fingers? Since biometrics are concerned with finger prints, does having mehendi on the palm matter? The fingers will be completely clear of any mehendi!

I've searched the forum for such questions but didn't find anything specific like this.

Thanks for any help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: UK Tier 2 Dependant Biometrics

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:24 pm

If the fingertips are clear, there's no reason for it to cause a problem. Have a great wedding!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

abhi1146
Newly Registered

Post by abhi1146 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:46 am

For my wife they refused to take the fingerprints. In fact I had to reschedule my appointment.

Arun Mohan C R
Newly Registered

Post by Arun Mohan C R » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:43 am

abhi1146 wrote:For my wife they refused to take the fingerprints. In fact I had to reschedule my appointment.
Hi Abhi! Was there any mehendi on her finger or palm? My fiancé is planning on having it just on the palm and arms nothing on the fingers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:47 am

Casa wrote:If the fingertips are clear, there's no reason for it to cause a problem. Have a great wedding!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.