ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring Road Traffic Offence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Declaring Road Traffic Offence

Post by kunfayakun » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:41 am

Hi Guys,

I am helping my friend's Tier 4 visa extension application form, basically it is asking about the criminal activities including road traffic offences and he pulled over by police 4 years ago while he drove alone with provisional licence without a inspector, so they took the car to their yard, fined and finally all sorted.

Now my question is should we declare this in the form??! and also he forgot the exact date and month but can remember the year therefore what should I say in the form about the date? please kindly share your experience with me and I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

Mercia300
Newly Registered

Re: Declaring Road Traffic Offence

Post by Mercia300 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Don't try to withhold such information. If you withhold it and they find out, it might come back to bite you. Remember that intentionally withholding pertinent information might be deemed deception and that will be damaging for his immigration records.

He probably should get the exact details about the fine. Doesn't he know the police force that fined him? Enquire from that police force.

I think I read that traffic offences committed more than 3 years before the visa/permit application aren't taken as seriously as those committed less than 3 years before the application. But to be honest this was mostly to do with the good character test for those applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain and Citizenship. Maybe it applies as well to leave to remain extensions.

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Declaring Road Traffic Offence

Post by kunfayakun » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks for your response mercia300

Your'e right like you said everyone asking to declare it but only the problem is he can't remember the exact date and month so what we can do? should we write this in the cover letter? what do you think? also we contact the local police station but they are saying they can't find any records in his name :roll:
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun