ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this document required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sofiathefirst

Is this document required

Post by Sofiathefirst » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:49 am

Hi guys,
When I submitted my documents through NCS Brent, the officer checking my documents told me she didn't require my previous passport and she didn't include a copy of it with my documents even though I had taken it with me. As far as I have read I think it's needed because it has my initial ILE stamp on which I entered the UK and also it was the passport used as ID for my LIUK test. Do you think she has made a mistake by not including my previous passport and should I do anything about it it this point as I'm a bit worried now.
Thanks

Sofiathefirst

Re: Is this document required

Post by Sofiathefirst » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:32 pm

Can anyone who submitted their applications through NCS advise if their previous passport copy was sent to the home office along with the latest passport copies. Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Do you have a BRP card showing your ILR status?

If not, what was sent to prove you have indefinite leave to remain (or enter).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:57 pm

Yes I have a BRP card showing no time limit and a copy of that was sent along with my current passport. Do you that that would suffice? I was just concerned as I had read that the identity document which was used to take LIUK test and the passport showing original Indefinate leave should be attached but the lady at NCS didn't take it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:07 pm

The BRP will be sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sofiathefirst

Post by Sofiathefirst » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Thank you very much!