ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dealing with refusals

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vs004
Newly Registered

dealing with refusals

Post by vs004 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:50 pm

i am in india waiting for my work permit.It was taking far too long because it was company's first time applicaion. in the mean time i tried to visit uk on visitor's visa to meet my girlfriend who is british.It was refused both the times.
First time the reason was
.You were a student before in uk,you havent provided evidence of any qualifications recieved. so my intent to return is doubtable.(i was a student before and didnt realize these documents needed to be submitted for a visitor visa!).i stated that i am unemployed as i just finished my studies and am waiting for the work permit(showed offer letter from company)
Second time
.doubt on intent to return because of the amount of funds in your bank account raises doubt.I provided all the previous documents and also mentioned that i maintained the bank account as i am planning to go to uk on work permit.i also gave them the work permit applicaion reference number(i never overstayed or breached any immigration laws.have visited other countries as well).but still got refused.

Now,I am getting married march with my girlfriend.I know i can wait for some more months and apply for a husband visa.But i would like to have a job before marriage so will apply for entry clearance in the work permit sector. I really dont know what to write in the cover letter.it seems i have to think like a lawyer to convince the ec officer.
Should i mention about my upcoming marriage to a british citizen in my new applicaion.what if this applicaion gets rejected because of some reason i never thought about(im paranoid now).If it gets rejected and i apply for spouse visa later on.will further questions be asked. I can be completely honest with them and give them a breakdown of everything,but wanted to know if ec officers really do read through everything, as i dont want to mention that i am getting married and later getting refused because i have not provided any evidence for it(what evidence??.wedding cards?i got them).Do ec really want to look at paperwork for spouse visa in a work permit visa application?

Anybody pls show some light to this confused soul

vs004
Newly Registered

Post by vs004 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:15 pm

anyone?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:54 am

"Confused soul" is about right.
Your last paragraph is very confusing, because it seems to imply that you have now got the work permit, as you say you "will apply for entry clearance in the work permit sector". If this is the case, then it might seem a risky strategy to apply for any other reason. You've already tried to change horses and got knocked off twice. Make sure you fulfil beyond dispute all the requirements for a work permit holder, and get the application in.
But what sort of an employer is it that would be happy to wait around for "some more months" while you get married and apply as a spouse? Is this a genuine job?

vs004
Newly Registered

Post by vs004 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:26 am

thanks rusty,
why i am concerned about is that even though i have all the documents for entry clearence through work permit (from their website uk degree proof,original work permit,company sponosorship and my bank account to show i can take care of myself without public funds) will the previous refusals have any impact.i have not been dishonest in anyway,just that i didnt submit documents which the entry clearance officer expected and i didnt. So as a precaution should i submit documents regarding my upcoming marriage as im really worried that ill be into deeper waters if my work permit visa gets rejected for some reason and then when i apply for spouse visa.(if they accuse me of using marriage as just a way to get in or why i didnt mention this(marriage) in the earlier applications)
My job is genuine.been through quite few interviews and tests to get it.They have been supporting my case throughout.

ps.
is it true that if u are twice refused,its probably impossible to get into uk again. something like the credit score when u apply for loans

Ive got two refusal stamps courtasy uk high commission. if i want to visit any other developed country.will i be turned down immediately?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:53 am

VS004,
If you have been granted a work permit and have all the required proof to apply for a visa as a work permit holder, you should do so as soon as possible, and the ECO is bound to consider it on its merits. Previous refusals should not be held against you if you now have a good reason to enter the UK.
Without knowing the details of your case or the exact wording of the visit EC refusals, one can not be certain, but as a general rule an ECO would tend to be suspicious of visit applications made by somebody who may or may not be granted a work permit, and that may well be at the root of the two refusals, rather than any concerns about "documentation".
By all means mention on your application that you are engaged to be married, but I don't think you need to make a big deal about it.