ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife - Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wpongal
United Kingdom

Wife - Naturalisation Application

Post by wpongal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Dear Friends,

Thanks to the immense support / help from the forum - I have been successful in my naturalisation application.

My wife has been ....
1. Granted Tier1 Dependent Visa on 08/06/2012
2. Entered Country on 08/12/2012
3. ILR granted on 06/12/2015
4. My Citizenship was approved on 22/02/2016

These are my questions
A. When can my wife apply for the naturalisation application ( after the ceremony and certificate?)
B. If she is not in country at the time of successful approval letter - can she take the ceremony outside the country? -
C. What would happen in case she applies for passport from outside the country in case (B) is possible ( as her ILR is invalid?)

Many thanks,
wpongal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wife - Naturalisation Application

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:27 pm

A. When can my wife apply for the naturalisation application ( after the ceremony and certificate?)
After your ceremony. You are only British once you have attended the ceremony and received your certificate.
B. If she is not in country at the time of successful approval letter - can she take the ceremony outside the country? -
No, not if you are in the UK. She also needs to be available to submit her biometrics.
C. What would happen in case she applies for passport from outside the country in case (B) is possible ( as her ILR is invalid?)
Depending on where she applies from, a British passport can take 6-12 months. She also has to return her ILR BRP to HO within 5 days of her ceremony so would not be able to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wpongal
United Kingdom

Post by wpongal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Thanks CR001,

(1) She would apply for the Biometrics before traveling outside UK. I can collect her Approval - we assume it should take 3 months (average) to get the approval.

(2) In the event - she gets the approval after her out of UK travel ( long term) - can she take ceremony outside UK? - Do you suggest Right of Abode application would work for her case?

Thanks
wpongal

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:48 pm

The question you need to answer are:

1. Does your wife have ILR
2. How long has she lived in the UK.
3. In the 12 months preceding the application has she been absent for more than 90 day.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:50 pm

No, she cannot do her ceremony outside the UK. She will need to return for the ceremony. There are only very specific circumstances in which a person can do a ceremony outside the UK.

Why can she not wait till her approval and ceremony before traveling? If she is leaving the UK long term, how will she answer the 'future intention' question on the form?

She can't do RoA until she has attended her ceremony, which she needs to do in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Obie wrote:The question you need to answer are:

1. Does your wife have ILR
2. How long has she lived in the UK.
3. In the 12 months preceding the application has she been absent for more than 90 day.
The OP gave these details, except the 90 days/12 months one.
My wife has been ....
1. Granted Tier1 Dependent Visa on 08/06/2012
2. Entered Country on 08/12/2012
3. ILR granted on 06/12/2015
4. My Citizenship was approved on 22/02/2016
Char (CR001 not Casa)

wpongal
United Kingdom

Post by wpongal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Thanks CR001

She is traveling for pregnancy - It is tough for us to make that happen in UK due to various technical and non technical reasons around the subject.

So, as i see - if she has an approval but has to wait beyond the 90 day limit for booking the ceremony - is there a process to request for an extension to the ceremony date? -

Also, since she is on ILR - I am assuming from the forum that RoA - Certificate is applicable on Indian passport for the baby? ( sorry to mix up topics!!)

Thanks
wpongal