ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa refused from Pakistan baseless objections

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ideal
Newly Registered

Post by Ideal » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:30 pm

Dear Friends, my nephew who visited here on a visitor visa for a month went back to Pakistan to apply for a student visa. He has passed intermediate Pre-Engineering and has passed IELTS with total band 5 and attached a letter from his college that his method of teaching was English. He has been refused for three reasons

IELTS has less than sufficient score and thus not prove his command of English. (IELTS score 5, letter from college and then getting admission in a known college isn't that sufficient)

No sufficient fund (baseless as his sponsor sent attested bank statements, affidivit, proof of income and so on)

The course is for three years and he has submitted only one year fee
(He deposited one year fee because that was the requirement by the college)

Now he has been given the right of appeal and is very sad of the outcome and has got still valid UK visitor visa.

Please advise does he need to re-apply or go for appeal keeping in mind his semester is going to start in January 2008.

I really appreciate your suggestions. Many thanks

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Re: Student visa refused from Pakistan baseless objections

Post by thirdwave » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:27 am

Ideal wrote:Dear Friends, my nephew who visited here on a visitor visa for a month went back to Pakistan to apply for a student visa. He has passed intermediate Pre-Engineering and has passed IELTS with total band 5 and attached a letter from his college that his method of teaching was English. He has been refused for three reasons

IELTS has less than sufficient score and thus not prove his command of English. (IELTS score 5, letter from college and then getting admission in a known college isn't that sufficient)

No sufficient fund (baseless as his sponsor sent attested bank statements, affidivit, proof of income and so on)

The course is for three years and he has submitted only one year fee
(He deposited one year fee because that was the requirement by the college)

Now he has been given the right of appeal and is very sad of the outcome and has got still valid UK visitor visa.

Please advise does he need to re-apply or go for appeal keeping in mind his semester is going to start in January 2008.

I really appreciate your suggestions. Many thanks
I thought most Universities require atleast a band 6 or above for full time courses, especially technical ones. Which college/Uni are we talking about?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:00 am

My (Russian) gf didn't have to take any English test at all for entry into her uni here.

Mind you, her English is almost native so I reckon they let her off but u'd still think they'd insist.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Ideal
Newly Registered

Post by Ideal » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:32 pm

He passed his IELTS in his first attempt. He got admitted into Cavendish College. His method of teaching was in English and he got his visitor visa by conducting interview in English.

So what do u all suggest? Your suggestions please for future application.

Many thanks

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:32 pm

I think he should appeal.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

foji
Newly Registered

Post by foji » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:58 am

VictoriaS wrote:I think he should appeal.

Victoria
is it possible to re-apply and appeal both?
I think appeal gona take more than 6 months and somtime a year. If he re-apply might get lucky.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:43 pm

Yes it is possible to do both.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Ideal
Newly Registered

Post by Ideal » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:20 pm

Many thanks Victoria. Cheers