ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Currently on DLR. Home office not issuing travel document

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

b_shrestha
Newly Registered

Currently on DLR. Home office not issuing travel document

Post by b_shrestha » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi,
My uncle/aunt got discretionary leave to indefinite leave ( asylum claimed) in december 2014.
Few months ago they decided that they want to visit their home country nepal. But their passport is back home nepal. They might have lost it. Not sure.

However they applied for that. And this is what Home office replied.

Thank you for your letter of 10 August with regards to issuing travel document. Though you have provided a fax and receipt to say you have contacted Nepalese authority for a passport, you have not provided any documentary evidence from them. It is up to you to make every effort to provide such evidence.

The thing I do not get is what sort of document they are looking for? I contacted nepalese embassy. but they told they cannot provide any sort of letter to us.

Can anyone give some suggestion on matter? please

Kind regards
shrestha

b_shrestha
Newly Registered

Re: Currently on DLR. Home office not issuing travel documen

Post by b_shrestha » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:52 am

Sorry its discretionary leave to remain.
Also is this the correct section to post about discretionary leave to remain?

ajiz1981
Newly Registered

Re: Currently on DLR. Home office not issuing travel documen

Post by ajiz1981 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:18 pm

usually when any body get DL then need to keep own national passport so you dont need to contact with HO for travel docments,You need to contact your own embassy to get the passport