ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer with FLR(FP) question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lily123
Newly Registered

Overstayer with FLR(FP) question

Post by lily123 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I arrived with 2 children and my wife in 2006 on a visiting visa, and overstayed.
10 years will clock this August.
My daughter is over 18 and my son is 16. I know that my daughter must apply separately (half of life). Me, my wife and son need to apply FLR(FP) after my son has reached 10 years.

Can anyone advise me if there are any chances of success after this coming August?

Thanks and any help is appreciated.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Overstayer with FLR(FP) question

Post by Wanderer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:29 pm

lily123 wrote:Hello everyone,

I arrived with 2 children and my wife in 2006 on a visiting visa, and overstayed.
My daughter is over 18 and my son is 16. I know that my daughter must apply separately (half of life). Me, my wife and son need to apply FLR(FP) after my son has reached 10 years.

Can anyone advise me if there are any chances of success after this coming August?

Well...

Isn't it 20 years illegal stay now?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

lily123
Newly Registered

Post by lily123 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Wanderer wrote:

Well...

I believe that you have misunderstood. I have remained here after entering with a visitor visa for 10 years (counting lawful residence). I will apply under the 10 year parent & child route.

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:06 am

lily123 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Well...

I believe that you have misunderstood. I have remained here after entering with a visitor visa for 10 years (counting lawful residence). I will apply under the 10 year parent & child route.

Thanks
You said you overstayed.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:10 am

To avoid confusion & jumbling with other posts this question has been moved into its own topic.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

lily123
Newly Registered

Post by lily123 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:12 am

Wanderer wrote: You said you overstayed.....
Yes for 10 years..
I do not understand why you said 20 years.

How successful will the application be, that I hope to submit at the end of August - FLR(FP)?