ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice to a broken heart

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jgorf

Advice to a broken heart

Post by Jgorf » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:10 am

I am just going putting away copies of documents I submitted for my spouse's settlement visa and spotted the date on the employmer is dated a year before the date it was issued. Rather than 2016 it was 2015. It's a clear oversight from my manager. The day and month corresponds to when it was given to me.

I am torn to pieces.

I supplied 4 years worth of p60s from same employer , and 12 months of payslips till the date of application , FY 2015 Hmrc tax statement for same employer so it's not even a question the genuinity of my work there or length of work there.

I found out on Friday from the contact Center that our application has been processed. But we haven't received an email that it has been processed.

I am so sad sad sad sad sad sad sad!! If this application is refused it will kill me.

I don't know what to think, can the ECO ignore the mistake on the date cos letter was dated same month we applied but wrong year. I know they refuse over any slightest mistake.

I will inform my boss tomorrow. But I don't know. We are so sad. It's like we are hopeless even before seeing the decision.

Jgorf

Re: Advice to a broken heart

Post by Jgorf » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:32 am

If they are to refuse could they not have atleast called my boss to confirm . Direct contact details were stated onthe letter. I know he wasn't contacted cos he would have informed me

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:43 am

Jgorf wrote:If they are to refuse could they not have atleast called my boss to confirm . Direct contact details were stated onthe letter. I know he wasn't contacted cos he would have informed me
Not sure which document you mean by "employmer".

If all the other documents are consistent and corroborate each other then the fact that its a typo should be more obvious (even to the most hard-hearted caseworker).

An honest mistake which can be explained should not be the end of the world.
Can you get a corrected document & supporting explanation letter from the employer?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:51 am

noajthan wrote:
Jgorf wrote:If they are to refuse could they not have atleast called my boss to confirm . Direct contact details were stated onthe letter. I know he wasn't contacted cos he would have informed me
Not sure which document you mean by "employmer".

If all the other documents are consistent and corroborate each other then the fact that its a typo should be more obvious (even to the most hard-hearted caseworker).

An honest mistake which can be explained should not be the end of the world.
Can you get a corrected document & supporting explanation letter from the employer?
Sincere apologies. Employer letter. It was just an honest mistake. Submitted all contracts , promotions, 12 month payslip and original bank statements that corresponds with that. Hmrc annual tax statement for 2015, p60 for the past for 4 years. All these carried name of this employer . Because I have worked there for 5 years.

I can get another letter but decision has been taken so I can't do much now can I ?

I can't believe I didn't spot it

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:57 am

Is there any chance that mistake can be ignored. I am so torn apart now.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:08 pm

Jgorf wrote:Is there any chance that mistake can be ignored. I am so torn apart now.
Noone can speak for the caseworker or the decision.

But if you can get a corrected letter ready ahead of time it may help with whatever are next steps.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:38 pm

Don't lose sleep over a typo.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Thanks Noajathan and Vinny. We will await their decision .

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Jgorf wrote:Is there any chance that mistake can be ignored. I am so torn apart now.

Unlikely they will base any decision on a typo. Relax and don't stress, we tend to over think in these situations.