ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for Baby born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

British passport for Baby born in India

Post by amitbalaji » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Hello, I have couple of questions if any can clarify please? I will be great full

Father BC and mother ILR. Baby due very shortly in India. I will be visiting India after baby is born only for few days.

1) How can I get a countersignature for Baby pics as it will be very difficult to find a british citizen in India to do the signature. Is there any alternative?
2) As I will be will visiting India only for few days, what happens if they call for an interview? My wife has ILR and baby's british passport will be based on me and I will be in UK? Can mum attend the interview?

Many Thanks in advance
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport for Baby born in India

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:34 am

There is no interview for child passports.

Do you realise that a British Passport application from India takes 6-12 months. All passports are processed in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by amitbalaji » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Thank you for your reply CR001.
I believe it takes anytime between 4-6 month which we are ok with. I read in one of the other threads that applicant was called for the interview for their baby's british passport application in India so thought to clarify

Further please do you know how can I get a countersignature for Baby pics as it will be very difficult to find a british citizen in India to do the signature?

Thanks
Amit

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:17 am

Applying for a passport from outside the UK: guidance notes wrote:The countersignatory must:

hold a British, Irish or other EU, US, or Commonwealth passport (in that order of preference) which has not run out. We will be able to process applications more quickly where the countersignatory has a British or Irish passport.

if you cannot comply with the countersignatory requirements your application may be delayed. You must provide a full explanation in Section 8 and we will contact you, using the details on your application form, to agree a way forward.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by amitbalaji » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Hello,
Please can someone provide the covering letter for british passport application in india for baby born in india.
Father British Naturalized citizen, mother ILR.
I will do minor modifications based on my individual circumstance.

Many Thanks
Amit

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:05 pm

You don't need a 'cover letter'. Why do you think that you do?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by amitbalaji » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:24 pm

its is not mandatory I know but will definitely help.
Are there no sample cover letter members posted earlier?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:38 pm

amitbalaji wrote:its is not mandatory I know but will definitely help.
Are there no sample cover letter members posted earlier?
It is not necessary and what will it help with? If the child is British by descent then the child is British, submit the documents listed in the guidance booklet and wait the 6-12 months for the passport. There are no sample letters like what you are looking for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)