ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good place to settle down in UK

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:02 am

Thanks for the suggestions unileeds. I will keep a lookout for those hotbeds you talk about, if at all I come to Leeds:-)

As for your other point about enjoying the native culture and not just living with the Asians, I agree with you. That's how I've been during my travels across the globe and I absolutely intend to also enjoy the UK and that it how it should be.

pktamil2007

that has been valuable information

Post by pktamil2007 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:53 pm

The information shared in this thread is really good. I am also in the process of applying for EC and job hunt at the same time.

I was recently contacted by a consultant and he says that 40K is the max they can offer me in Manchester. I have 7 years of IT experience and a project manager role is what I am applying for.

Can someone suggest if this salary is what levels on an average basis?

I am married with a new born baby coming to UK

rsathish

For stay

Post by rsathish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:16 pm

For stay i can suggest the YMCA Indian student hostel in central London. They oocupy both Students as well as anyone.

check their website for more details: www.indianymca.org

Good thing it's centrally located and indian food. Easy for attending interviews and having good indian dinner and no hassle of rent contract.

After you settle in a job, move to a place which you feel is convenient.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:43 pm

Why don't you discuss topics under the appropriate forum?

Please move this to Employment and jobs in UK OR General Discussions - non immigration related
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans

rvag
Newly Registered

Re: For stay

Post by rvag » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:59 am

rsathish wrote:For stay i can suggest the YMCA Indian student hostel in central London. They oocupy both Students as well as anyone.

check their website for more details: www.indianymca.org

Good thing it's centrally located and indian food. Easy for attending interviews and having good indian dinner and no hassle of rent contract.

After you settle in a job, move to a place which you feel is convenient.
thanks for the info, I was looking for place where I can pay week tarrif in the range of 70-100 gbp, thought bedsit would be more of a choice.

For bedsits do they ask for reference and what do people who come to london for the first time do?.

Thx for replying.