ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and Passport Pilot Scheme

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Allesheikh

Re: Applying Naturalization and Passport at same time

Post by Allesheikh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi

Sorry I got one more question I'm have a limited company and I'm a director receiving salary and dividends so do I have to provide self assessment with my neutralisation application. I don't know if I'm in self employment category. Technically I'm employed buts it's my own company.

Thanks in advance
Ali

Fredrules03
Newly Registered

Re: Combined applications for AN & Passport (Pilot project-H

Post by Fredrules03 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:25 pm

Wfshah wrote:Can i have some help please, i applied through pilot sceheme, so done my ceremony on 24th called passport office to check with them, they said my passport application is in process and i shud hear from them for i terview letter in a qeek pr two, and i asked about sending brp , so they said to keep it safe till then, now i am confused, do u gpfor interview in pilot scheme? I am a bit scared incase i dont send brp and they delay my application :(
I think the info they gave you is wrong, (at first the guy I spoke to said something similar, basically the pilot scheme is new and most of the agents don't have a clue) I did the pilot scheme aswell and I received my passport yesterday with no interveiw required, same as few other people on this forum. I think your passport will arrive within the next 10 to 13 days.

Mik1983
Newly Registered

Post by Mik1983 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:26 pm

Ali

If you do not pay tax through PAYE then you need to provide most recent self return tax assesment. Read AN guide, page-16 under Self-employed applicants.

Thanks

Mik1983

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:39 am

Hello all,
Does anyone knows if Newham Council provides JCAP pilot scheme service?
Many thanks

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:41 am

Hi

I've found this on gov.uk, you can apply 28 days before your 12 months on ILR.

Discretion to disregard immigration time restrictions in the final 12 months may normally be exercised if:
a. at the date of application, the applicant has had less than 12 months free of conditions but has been free of conditions for more than 12 months by the time the application is considered, provided the other requirements are met; or

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_18_B.pdf

If anyone applying end of March can apply 28 days before and can pay old fee.

Also thanks again Mik1983, I am paying tax through paye so I'll provide my tax office reference.

Thanks
Ali

Wfshah
Newly Registered

Post by Wfshah » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:24 am

Fredrules03 wrote:
Wfshah wrote:Can i have some help please, i applied through pilot sceheme, so done my ceremony on 24th called passport office to check with them, they said my passport application is in process and i shud hear from them for i terview letter in a qeek pr two, and i asked about sending brp , so they said to keep it safe till then, now i am confused, do u gpfor interview in pilot scheme? I am a bit scared incase i dont send brp and they delay my application :(
I think the info they gave you is wrong, (at first the guy I spoke to said something similar, basically the pilot scheme is new and most of the agents don't have a clue) I did the pilot scheme aswell and I received my passport yesterday with no interveiw required, same as few other people on this forum. I think your passport will arrive within the next 10 to 13 days.

Oh thank you so much for ur reply, when i called they said ur application is under process since 5 days ago, so i really hope i get it next week, :) and can u guide me about brp as well?

Fredrules03
Newly Registered

Post by Fredrules03 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:04 pm

Wfshah wrote:
Fredrules03 wrote:

Oh thank you so much for ur reply, when i called they said ur application is under process since 5 days ago, so i really hope i get it next week, :) and can u guide me about brp as well?
I would honestly suggest you call HMPO tomorrow ask to speak to someone else if who ever you spoke to didn't get what you mean by pilot scheme, get them to confirm you don't require an interview which I could bet you don't as was in my case. As for the BRP I suggest you send it back reason being that you are already a citizen from the day of naturalisation and don't require a brp to prove it ( you have your certificate of naturalisation), and you are breaking the law if you dont as stated by the home office and you could face a fine. Thats just my suggestion and opinion.

Mik1983
Newly Registered

Post by Mik1983 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:26 pm

Ali

When you apply through NCS they specifically check your ILR card to make sure you are applying after 12 months. If not then they ask you to come back. If you post your application then I dont know what they will do with app. Are you applying early to avoid new fee???

Thnks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:24 am

ILR is DIFFERENT than applying for naturalisation. 28 days grace period doesnt exist for naturalisation application. it says explicitly you must be holding ILR for 12 months (and not 12 months minus 28 days!) before submitting the application
Application sent (AN Form): Fri 04/03/2016 via POST
app fee taken: Mon 14/03/2016
Ack received: 17/03/2016
Biometric received: 17/03/2016
Biometric recorded: 19/03/2016
Approval date: 25/04/2016
Spreadsheet

MeMcMa
Newly Registered

Post by MeMcMa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:14 am

Allesheikh wrote:Hi

Sorry I got one more question I'm have a limited company and I'm a director receiving salary and dividends so do I have to provide self assessment with my neutralisation application. I don't know if I'm in self employment category. Technically I'm employed buts it's my own company.

Thanks in advance
Ali

Hi Allesheikh,

Yes you do. I just got Naturalised and one of the documents I had to include in my application, was a Self assessment document which my accountant prepared for me. I am Self- employed.

Although, in your case maybe you may have to include your pay slips. I believe the HO want to see proof that you are paying taxes.

Good luck.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:10 am

MeMcMa wrote:
Allesheikh wrote:Hi

Thanks in advance
Ali

Hi Allesheikh,

Yes you do. I just got Naturalised and one of the documents I had to include in my application, was a Self assessment document which my accountant prepared for me. I am Self- employed.

Although, in your case maybe you may have to include your pay slips. I believe the HO want to see proof that you are paying taxes.

Good luck.
Hi guys I think if you are director for Ltd company you are not in self employment I spoke to NCS regarding this issue they told me if you are director then you have to tick director that's all you don't need to provide any documents .but make sure with your council before you apply or senior members please in put your advise . Thx

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi Friends

I have query regarding the joint passport + Naturalisation. My 2nd child was born in UK 3 months ago and we have got ILR just a few days back. I am planning to fill MN1 form and fill the relevant details. Do I need to fill any other forms? How does one apply for passport? I have taken 4 photos all from the same sitting.

Please let me know, I have booked in Wandsworth NCS
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

narsii

Post by narsii » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:18 pm

it's end of Feb and we have not seen any approvals for the Jan & Feb applicants .

Hope for the best .

ashdaone1
- thin ice -
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ashdaone1 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:25 pm

narsii wrote:it's end of Feb and we have not seen any approvals for the Jan & Feb applicants .

Hope for the best .
I am unable to quote posts from other threads, but Kahaaf had his/her approved. They applied early Feb.

narsii

Post by narsii » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Yes, I have seen that , what I meant was no recent approvals for the applicants. Corrected the wording .
ashdaone1 wrote:
narsii wrote:it's end of Feb and we have not seen any approvals for the Jan & Feb applicants lately .

Hope for the best .
I am unable to quote posts from other threads, but Kahaaf had his/her approved. They applied early Feb.

Mik1983
Newly Registered

Post by Mik1983 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:57 pm

Agree with you Narsi... Apparently joint app are taking as long as normal apps.

narsii

Post by narsii » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:21 am

Just out of curiosity ,

Looks like if your application is stright forward ( no self -employment / ownership of LLC / Directorship ) the applications are being processed very quickly . with a processing time of a week /10 days for JCAPS applications and 3-4 weeks for normal /postal applications .

Khaaf / Ali , were you self-employed / directors of LLC ?

Again , I may be wrong .

Regards,
Narsii

zunera mahmood

Post by zunera mahmood » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:14 pm

Hi ..
Where do I post the time lines for joint application AN+passport application. ..I applied today so any specific post where I need to input the information. .
Thanks
Regards
Zunera
zunera

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi Zunera,

I have started the new thread for March 2016 applicants.

You can start posting
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1315464

You will be the first applicant posting his timeline in the March 2016

Thanks

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:58 am

narsii wrote:Just out of curiosity ,

Looks like if your application is stright forward ( no self -employment / ownership of LLC / Directorship ) the applications are being processed very quickly . with a processing time of a week /10 days for JCAPS applications and 3-4 weeks for normal /postal applications .

Again , I may be wrong .

Regards,
Narsii
I would second this observation.

Narsii were you self employed at any stage?

narsii

Post by narsii » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:02 am

Yes,I am a director of an LLC .

zahmed05 wrote:
narsii wrote:Just out of curiosity ,

Again , I may be wrong .

Regards,
Narsii
I would second this observation.

Narsii were you self employed at any stage?

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:37 am

Hi Narsii/ everyone else who applied under JCAP,

I also set up a company last year and was one on the Dirtector , the company was dormant.

At the same time I was an employee of another company , which I still I am.

During the last 6 years I have registered myself as self employed and was filing NIL tax returns for the last three years and this year I HMRC has not issued me a notice to file the return.

I have asked to to send HMRC me my Employment History ( which list details of all employments I have done) and the SA Statement which showed that I have overpaid HMRC.

I have checked that I am employee and have mentioned my employer address.

I have also ticked that I am a Director and have explained that on the additional info page , also I have attached my SA account statement.

Hope seniors and experienced will comment that I have selected the right information.

But again its done and I cant change anything know :( and just have to wait.

Hope every thing will be fine

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:45 am

Tehmina,

This will be fine. I believe the people who used self employment to gain ILR are under scrutiny.

Your case seems fine as the company is dormant and you are employed.

Regards,
Zeeshan

kiran3313
United Kingdom

Post by kiran3313 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with JCAP application on 03/03/2016

Brent Council (Barnet)
Eligibility: 5 Years (Tier 2 ICT + General) + 1 year ILR
Documents -
- Passport (photocopied and returned back to me)
- BRP (photocopied and returned back to me)
- LIUK certificate original (photocopied and gave me the photocopy)
- Degree certificate (photocopied and returned back original to me)
- Print out of points based calculator indicating my university is a recognised one for 10 points (photocopied and returned back original to me)
- Passport application
- 3 photos (1 with name and DOB at the back glued in AN form & 2 photos left blank at the back)

Points that I would want to list out are something that I did not find in other posts -
1. Passport application - Referee section - I was told this is not needed (my application did have a referee signature though)
2. AN form 6.7 - BRP enclosed - No. Reason I wrote in the box under this is - 'NCS verified BRP. Retained with holder for travel and work purposes. This will returned to Home office within 5 days once the approval received'.
Same text in 6.12 and I have also ticked the box 'No' for 6.11
3. Council did have with them additional payment forms for both AN & Passport (in the worst case if you forget to carry them, but make sure you have them with you)

Hope this helps

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi guys,
HI guys,

I have query regarding Print out of points based calculator form and the referee sign as they have mention 1st referee as professional standing and other as British national.

I have manage to arrange below referee as per your experience can you advice. 1st and 2nd Referee.

> Accountant
> Landlord & Friend (British passport)

Bit confuse now on 2nd Referee, should I write on form : landlord or friend or landlord & friend and do I need Print out of points based calculator form and submit with application ( Master degree university of wales uk ).

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Salee

kiran3313 wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with JCAP application on 03/03/2016

Brent Council (Barnet)
Eligibility: 5 Years (Tier 2 ICT + General) + 1 year ILR
Documents -
- Passport (photocopied and returned back to me)
- BRP (photocopied and returned back to me)
- LIUK certificate original (photocopied and gave me the photocopy)
- Degree certificate (photocopied and returned back original to me)
- Print out of points based calculator indicating my university is a recognised one for 10 points (photocopied and returned back original to me)
- Passport application
- 3 photos (1 with name and DOB at the back glued in AN form & 2 photos left blank at the back)

Points that I would want to list out are something that I did not find in other posts -
1. Passport application - Referee section - I was told this is not needed (my application did have a referee signature though)
2. AN form 6.7 - BRP enclosed - No. Reason I wrote in the box under this is - 'NCS verified BRP. Retained with holder for travel and work purposes. This will returned to Home office within 5 days once the approval received'.
Same text in 6.12 and I have also ticked the box 'No' for 6.11
3. Council did have with them additional payment forms for both AN & Passport (in the worst case if you forget to carry them, but make sure you have them with you)

Hope this helps