ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse surname change in passport and naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tvnaveen78
Newly Registered

Spouse surname change in passport and naturalisation

Post by tvnaveen78 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi,
On behalf of a friend.

I am on indefinite leave to remain since May 2014, now planning to apply for naturalisation.
Bit of background, I have got married in 2006 but due to lack of time my surname was not updated in my passport so continued to use maiden surname in my indian passport aswell as in my UK visa including my ILR. So BRP card shows maiden name and first name. Now last month my Indian passport came up for renewal so we have got the surname updated to same surname as my husband, so my passport shows a different surname to my BRP and driving licence.
My question is – Do I need to get my BRP updated to reflect new surname first before I can applying for Naturalisation? If I have to apply replacement BRP card, any idea on the process and timelines. I am worried that the from 18th March the naturalisation fees is going to go up by £280.
BTW – my husband is already a British citizen since Dec 2014 so I am applying as spouse of BP under 3 years rule. I am planning to go thru NCS service.
Pls can you help

noajthan

Re: Spouse surname change in passport and naturalisation

Post by noajthan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:21 am

Name in foreign passpoet is what HMPO is concerned about & will be checking.
Don't worry about BRP.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.