ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adequate maintenance when on maternity leave

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FDEE
Newly Registered

Adequate maintenance when on maternity leave

Post by FDEE » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:59 am

Hi

In regards to adequate maintenance for ILR I'm struggling to find information in regards to being on maternity leave.

My husbands FLR expires in May 2016 and he will be looking to apply for ILR. He currently doesn't work and I am on maternity leave and due back in May.

Am I able to use that income or not? Is it wise for my husband to find work?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Adequate maintenance when on maternity leave

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:07 am

Does your husband's SET(M) application come under adequate maintenance or the £18,600 p.a minimum income level?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

FDEE
Newly Registered

Post by FDEE » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:23 am

It should be adequate maintenance because he initially got the spouse visa before July 2012. Then was given flr in 2013

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:30 am

Then you should be OK. The adequate maintenance level for a couple is currently £144 per week remaining after rent or mortgage and Council tax have been paid. Bear in mind that this level may be raised in April.
SET(M) fees will increase on 18th March.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

FDEE
Newly Registered

Post by FDEE » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:56 pm

Do i need to add on the following amounts?

£17.45 family premium
£66.90 x 2 (£66.90 for each dependant child)