ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company tax vs myself

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KA941
United Kingdom

Company tax vs myself

Post by KA941 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:20 am

Hi guys,
Just a question regarding outstanding late filing penalty for company accounts.

I have already applied for naturalisation and declared that I was the director of abc company along with my full time employment. I submitted my self assessment on time and paid the outstanding tax.

While filing return for company abc, I found out that the company owed £100 penalty for late filing of last years return which is still outstanding. I became director of my friends company last year and the penalty is relating to the year before (when I wasn't the director).

Do you think it could have an impact on application or the company abc and myself will be treated separately?
I will be making payment tomorrow but just wondering should I then let home office know? Or could that cause further issues?

Appreciate your help
KA941

KA941
United Kingdom

Re: Company tax vs myself

Post by KA941 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:56 pm

Hi
The payment is now made
I will appreciate if someone can share their thoughts on this.

I just dont want to cause any issues by sending/or not sending the proof that the payment has now been made

Thanks
KA941

KA941
United Kingdom

Post by KA941 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi

I will appreciate if someone can advise/share their experience.
Havent had a reply for sometime - :(

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:17 pm

KA941 wrote:Hi

I will appreciate if someone can advise/share their experience.
Havent had a reply for sometime - :(

If , I were you, I would make the payment ( which you have done ) and not send any proof for making payment, I would check in the HMRC system that this is nullified. ( In my HMRC account there was fine for £ 100 not filing my returns and when i explained that my salary does not met the tax criteria it was later cancelled by HMRC ). Now it shows that I owe nothing to HMRC.
Make sure the same appears in your account. ( I suggest get a summary for last five years and attach with your application ). All the very best.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:19 pm

I don't think this will be an issue as long as you pay the fine. I think you can treat the same as, say, a parking fine at a shopping centre.

Have you now filed that missing return and paid the tax?

KA941
United Kingdom

Post by KA941 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:36 pm

Thanks for the reply Guys
Really appreciate it
Yes I have paid the fine and the HMRC account shows nothing to Pay
I have also submitted my return for this year on time.
So shall I dont send the proof to HO that the fine has been paid.
Hope they didnt check it before I paid the fine as I applied for naturalisation on 25.1.16 and only paid fine on 24.02.16. So almost a month after :?: