ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee Status

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zshaan21
Pakistan

Employee Status

Post by zshaan21 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Dear All members,

I have hired two full time employee to fulfill the job requirement. I know if someone is on Indefinite Leave to remain we can hire him/her as per the home office guide line.My only concern is one of my employee is on Indefinite Leave to remain Since 1998 and using his own country passport for travelling.

Please advise if there is an issue if we hire someone on Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Thank you !!!

Zeeshan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Employee Status

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:09 pm

A person with Indefinite Leave to Remain can only use their own country/nationality passport. There is no other passport that they can use as they are not British. However, they should have a BRP card stating ILR (which they need to apply for if seeking employment) per the new requirement for people who previously had ILR in their passports as a sticker.

Indefinite Leave to Remain = settled person, so yes this would be fine but see point above.

What did this employee present as their proof to work in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zshaan21
Pakistan

Post by zshaan21 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:37 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

He provided his ILR which is stamped on his passport and other related documents.( proof of address, National Insurance, CV, Passport copy, previous job letters). I think it's better to get an ECS ( employee check service ) of the employee from Home office to make things clear.

I will ask him to provide me the BRP to make sure he has a settled person.

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:30 am

Unlikely that he has a BRP if he has ILR in his passport. Employer check is good to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.