ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA Family

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

the hurricane

Non EEA Family

Post by the hurricane » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:17 pm

Hello men

since shorten am I of plan to Uk to immigrate, I am self a the Netherlands only my woman and my two children its Non EEA Family, here in the Netherlands have I an a stay license for their requested and they must yet on it wait it is a longer procedure' they have on this momment no Dutch verblijfsvergunnig, I am arbeisongeschikt and I get an income clear away 1300 Euros, myIs question can get now they a stay license to UK to move? is my enter enough? I hope something of you to hear

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:22 pm

Hi, get in touch from the British Embassy in the Netherlands, if that is where you are living. You need to enquire about getting EEA Family Permits for them.

Just one further point, you say "my woman". Do you mean your wife? The two of you are married? If not she will not be entitled to an EEA Family Permit.

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:17 am

Just one further point, you say "my woman". Do you mean your wife? The two of you are married? If not she will not be entitled to an EEA Family Permit.
Hi, thanked for your reaction, now I tomorrow even contact will take up with the british embassy. In my previous message meant I that they was my wife thus not my woman, we are for 30 year officie?l married and I have also marriage deed that through the Dutch authorities has been recognized. 1300 Euros can you around come in Uk for three persons? I hope something of you to hear

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:19 am

Hi, have a good read of :-

EEA/EU nationals

That not only deals with your rights but also those of your family.

The application form to use is the VAF1 and that can be downloaded from :-

Application Forms and Guidance Notes

-: and of course it is the "A non-EEA dependant of an EEA national" box that will be ticked near the beginning of the form.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:23 pm

the hurricane wrote:Hello men

since shorten am I of plan to Uk to immigrate, I am self a the Netherlands only my woman and my two children its Non EEA Family, here in the Netherlands have I an a stay license for their requested and they must yet on it wait it is a longer procedure' they have on this momment no Dutch verblijfsvergunnig, I am arbeisongeschikt and I get an income clear away 1300 Euros, myIs question can get now they a stay license to UK to move? is my enter enough? I hope something of you to hear
My Dutch is somewhat rusty so can you explain what 'arbeisongeschikt' means - income support/ welfare or pension? Also out of interest is there a reason your spouse (of 30 yrs) and children do not have Dutch nationality? Knowing these will help determine a way forward.

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:03 am

Kayalami wrote:
the hurricane wrote:Hello men

My Dutch is somewhat rusty so can you explain what 'arbeisongeschikt' means - income support/ welfare or pension? Also out of interest is there a reason your spouse (of 30 yrs) and children do not have Dutch nationality? Knowing these will help determine a way forward.
Hi Kayalami, thanks for your reaction. now I will you just in it want to explain, with the word 'arbeidsongeschikt' mean I actual that I enter gets for Disablement Insurance Act, my woman is not 30 years old but we are for 30 year gotten married. even children of me have the Dutch nationality only the children that by me want emmigreren, have no Dutch nationality and also want I add that inIs the lately a tourist visa for Uk at my woman and my children provides, can this also a role spell?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:37 pm

Hurricane,

You will have to bear with me due to the language issue. So I understand you are on some sort of Dutch disability pension. A move to the UK under such would meet the rules pertaining to EU Treaty Rights given that you would not be on welfare. If this is the case your dependents would derive a right of residence in the UK from you. Some more Q's to clarify:

1. What nationality is your wife?

2. What nationality are the children who want to immigrate to the UK?

3. Are the children in 2 - under 21, not married, biologically yours, biologically your wife's, legally adopted by you or your wife?

4. What is their immigration status in The Netherlands?

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:17 pm

Kayalami wrote:Hurricane,

You will have to bear with me due to the language issue. So I understand you are on some sort of Dutch disability pension. A move to the UK under such would meet the rules pertaining to EU Treaty Rights given that you would not be on welfare. If this is the case your dependents would derive a right of residence in the UK from you. Some more Q's to clarify:

1. What nationality is your wife?

2. What nationality are the children who want to immigrate to the UK?

3. Are the children in 2 - under 21, not married, biologically yours, biologically your wife's, legally adopted by you or your wife?

4. What is their immigration status in The Netherlands?
Hey!

Now I will my best do my situation clear to make. as you already said in your previous message, my income is of the pension, according to the british embassy was the possible that make I little care.

1 st my woman comes from Rwanda 2 nd the children that to the United kingdoms want to immigrate have also same nationality as their mother Rwandees 3. Both children its under 21 year, they are not also gotten married and they are legal accepted through me and my woman I have self a birth deed'. 4 th over their status is the bit with difficulty to say for I have a stay license for their requested and there is yet no decision taken thus offici?el can you well say that they foreigners be.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:10 pm

My interpretation of your situation is that you would be self sufficient/ supporting in the UK through your pension income (approx 1,000 GBP per month) so would meet the treaty rules pertaining to relocating to a different EU member state. Go ahead and apply for EU family permits (its a type of visa) for your spouse and children at the British Embassy in the Hague using form VAF 1 - its a free of charge application. You should submit the following original documents:

1. Marriage certificate

2. Birth certificates for your wife and children

3. Adoption papers

4. Proof of Medical Cover/ Insurance - form E111 as a minimum to cover your dependent spouse and children.

5. Details of your pension i.e. statement

6. Bank statements.

7. Travel documents for your wife and kids - will the Dutch authorities release them without stopping their Dutch residence application?

The Visa Officer may ask you about your intended destination and activity in the UK so it might be worth researching on this. You may be interviewed too (just a short conversation). I hope you don't mind me asking but would your disability prevent self employment in the UK? Likewise I want to move this post to the family forum after you review it (so let me know when you have).

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:30 pm

Kayalami wrote:My interpretation of your situation is that you would be self sufficient/ supporting in the UK through your pension income (approx 1,000 GBP per month) so would meet the treaty rules pertaining to relocating to a different EU member state. Go ahead and apply for EU family permits (its a type of visa) for your spouse and children at the British Embassy in the Hague using form VAF 1 - its a free of charge application. You should submit the following original documents:

1. Marriage certificate

2. Birth certificates for your wife and children

3. Adoption papers

4. Proof of Medical Cover/ Insurance - form E111 as a minimum to cover your dependent spouse and children.

5. Details of your pension i.e. statement

6. Bank statements.

7. Travel documents for your wife and kids - will the Dutch authorities release them without stopping their Dutch residence application?

The Visa Officer may ask you about your intended destination and activity in the UK so it might be worth researching on this. You may be interviewed too (just a short conversation). I hope you don't mind me asking but would your disability prevent self employment in the UK? Likewise I want to move this post to the family forum after you review it (so let me know when you have).
Hey Expert 'kalayami'

now I know it really not how I you must thank, now I am yesterday to the british embassy been, everything you here on the forum wrote knocks it totally. I have that requests submitted and they wanted my woman and my children interview unfortunately was it not possible on that day, about that is there an appointment made on 20 January 2005 and on that day will the british embassy take the decision , according to me will it no problem. now let we normally hope that the good comes, according to the british embassy need they alone interview to do and Details of my pension i.e. statement with to take. I want to hold you certainly on the height

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:12 pm

Hey men, who can me help with this situation, I have for woman and my children a resident permit by the British embassy requested then pale that it inteview for necessarily was, they are nuns EEA family only I am self an european citizen, know someone perhaps what there all that asked becomes during the interview?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:31 pm

John

Posted: 05 Jan 2005 18:29 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I understand your question correctly then you are an EEA Citizen but your family are not, and now you wish to get them all EEA Family Permits. You ask about the questions that might be asked at the interview.

You are assuming that there will need to be an interview, or in any case, it seems you think it is an onerous task to get EEA Family Permits. You personally are thinking of moving to the UK ... why? To work? As an EEA National you have an absolutle right to live and work (subject only to security concerns that only apply to very few people). Furthermore, your non-EEA family also have the right to exercise the same rights. It is just a question of proving it.

So :-

it is necessary to prove that you are an EEA National ... your passport will do that
it is necessary to prove that your family are indeed your family ... marriage certificate ... birth certificates
if you do not intend to work in the UK, proof that you and your family can support yourselves without recourse to UK Public Funds

So if the application forms have been submitted and you and your family have now been invited along to the British Embassy or Consulate, do ensure that the necessary documentation is taken along with you.

To which embassy or consulate has or will the applications be made?

hurricane - above is a response to your post by my fellow moderator John. I had yet to move your post to the family forum but have now done this. Your duplicate post is locked and will be deleted. John has explained the rationale behind the interview - it is primarily to verify claimed relationships (did you submit the documents I listed in your application?) and your ability to exercise treaty rights in the UK. You have not responded to my question about your ability to potentially follow your occupation in the UK despite the disability i.e. is it permanent/long term or short term?