ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Acknowledgement from Home Office -settlement application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eclectic

No Acknowledgement from Home Office -settlement application

Post by eclectic » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:01 am

Hi Guys,

My wife posted spouse settlement application from US on 19th February 2016 through using VFS courier service i.e. UPS- the labels were automatically generated and showed the following address:

UK Home office in Sheffield
4th Floor
Vulcan House
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NU

I then looked at the Gov website and it showed the address as International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH

now this is slightly different from above but I thought it must be right as it's through VFS- it's now been over 1 week and I have not received any kind of acknowledgeable from home office- I emailed them few times and was told that they do not send any confirmation once the documents are posted? but I thought they always notify on receipt of documents? I have been trying to track it but getting a message that " There are no current updates. This could be because your application was submitted recently or the details that you
have provided above are incorrect . "

UPS tracking shows that it was delivered on 21st Feb- but I have not had any acknowledgements and little worried as to why they cannot still get the status even after 1 week- I only need to know if it has gone through to right address and currently being processed.

any ideas anyone?

noajthan

Re: No Acknowledgement from Home Office -settlement applicat

Post by noajthan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:27 pm

eclectic wrote:Hi Guys,

My wife posted spouse settlement application from US on 19th February 2016 through using VFS courier service i.e. UPS- the labels were automatically generated and showed the following address:

UPS tracking shows that it was delivered on 21st Feb- but I have not had any acknowledgements and little worried as to why they cannot still get the status even after 1 week- I only need to know if it has gone through to right address and currently being processed.

any ideas anyone?
It's clearly the same location.
If UPS show it delivered then its been delivered 'into the building'.

Don't expect too much hand-holding, customer liaison & notifications from UKVI.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

eclectic

Re: No Acknowledgement from Home Office -settlement applicat

Post by eclectic » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:23 pm

noajthan wrote:
eclectic wrote:Hi Guys,

any ideas anyone?
It's clearly the same location.
If UPS show it delivered then its been delivered 'into the building'.

Don't expect too much hand-holding, customer liaison & notifications from UKVI.
Thanks for your response. I Understand but I am not sure if they send acknowledgements after receiving documents or not- the process is slightly different from US as the applicant sends all the documents directly to Sheffield- All I needed was a confirmation that they have been received and will be processed. they only give you 5 days window to send all the documents after biometric.