ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) OR PBS Dependent extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leicesterer

FLR(M) OR PBS Dependent extension

Post by leicesterer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi Seniors

Please help me regarding the below confusion.
Wife came in UK as T1 Gen dependent in November 2012 and got extension in Apr 2013 in the same category. Question is after my ILR, is it possible to get extension under Tier 1 Gen category or she must switch to ILR dependent and use the FLR (M). Is there is any other way to use her more than 2.5 year time already in UK towards ILR? if yes please guide me that category and application form as well.

Thanks in advance

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) OR PBS Dependent extension

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:09 pm

If you got ILR based on 5 years residence on Tier 1 General, your spouse can continue to extend her Tier 1 General dependent visa until she reaches 5 years residence. She will only need one extension.

If she applies for FLR(M), she will be on a new 5 year residence route and she will lose her time already spent here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leicesterer

Post by leicesterer » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi CR001

Thank you for your quick response, which is really helpful. also can we use the below Tier 1 PBS dependent form version 11/15, APPLICATION FOR A GRANT OF LEAVE AND BIOMETRIC IMMIGRATION DOCUMENT AS A DEPENDANT OF A TIER 1 OR 5 WORKER - MAIN APPLICANT
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-15.pdf

Thanks and Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:01 pm

Yes, you attached the guidance link though. Link to the Tier 1 G Dep form is here (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leicesterer

Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by leicesterer » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:37 am

Hi Seniors
I need your help. My wife came in UK as Tier 1 G dependent in November 2012, she got extension in April 2013, now I am applying for ILR for myself and she is applying for extension under Tier 1 G to complete her 5 years as my dependent. My question, is she required to prove her KOL and also is she required to pay HIS?
Thanks in advance.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:00 am

Yes, for an extension she has to pay the immigration health surcharge.

As far as I am aware, English is not required for PBS dependents, but am not sure.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

leicesterer

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by leicesterer » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:25 am

Thank you CR001