ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I apply for HSMP without having P60

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pavanne
Newly Registered

How can I apply for HSMP without having P60

Post by pavanne » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi everyone,
I am Pavan, working in the UK on work permit from an indian IT company for 1 year.
I want to apply for HSMP now, but have 2 issues.
1) I don't have P60 as my company won't provide that.
2) I don't have any Birth Certificate or Driving Licence

Without P60, will Home office satisfies with only Bank statements & Payslips attested by Employer?
if YES, Can anyone please provide a cover letter how to specify the reason of unavailability of P60?

I have read in some blogs that without providing either Birth certificate or Driving Licence, we can't get approval even though we provide notarised passport copy. is that true?
If its wrong can anyone please help me in providing covrletter for that ?

I have seen that some people(especially niruv, ssvgopal) have provided valuable cover letters in this forum.
Can anyone please help me in this exceptional cases?

Thanks & Regards
Pavan

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: How can I apply for HSMP without having P60

Post by hari15 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:04 pm

pavanne wrote:Hi everyone,
I am Pavan, working in the UK on work permit from an indian IT company for 1 year.

Without P60, will Home office satisfies with only Bank statements & Payslips attested by Employer?
if YES, Can anyone please provide a cover letter how to specify the reason of unavailability of P60?

I have read in some blogs that without providing either Birth certificate or Driving Licence, we can't get approval even though we provide notarised passport copy. is that true?

I have seen that some people(especially niruv, ssvgopal) have provided valuable cover letters in this forum.

Thanks & Regards
Pavan
As per their rules any 2 evidences of income is enough. By Theory bank statement and salary slip should suffice

However they have given first priority to Tax returns and incase if we are not submitting tax return we must give a very valid reason.

If we are in UK already, they will expect tax return because they wanted to make sure that we have paid tax to the UK govt. afterall that is the primary aim of UK Govt on Migration scheme itself. Try to show some tax return, though it is not covering whole period of points claiming (in addition to payslips and bankstatements)

If at all giving tax return is certainly impossible, then you should give a very valid reason on why you couldnt provide P60. That is must. I dont think Company wont provide is a valid reason because, any law abiding company in UK should give P60 every year to their employees

pavanne
Newly Registered

Post by pavanne » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:47 pm

Hi Hari,
Thanks for your response.

Regarding the P60, I have seen in some previous bolgs that most Indian IT companies won't pay all tax for our salary here in Uk. They some how can manage to escape this using some rules.
Otherwise they should fill my tax returns, and need to send it to me atleast once on this whole year right?(I am staying in Uk from Dec 2006 - ).
So, I may not have possibility of getting that.

Yesterday I called to one of my friend's friend, who is maintaining a consultancy in UK. He said that he can manage this. he will prepare P60 form for me from his CA, and will file for my HSMP. He is charging 800 pounds for my filing.

I don't know how can he prepare my P60..
Can anyone please suggest what are the possible ways for me?

2) And regarding Birth certificate, If I get birth certificate from MRO office in my home town, will it be sufficient?
Please give your comments on this.

Thanks & regards
Pavan

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:03 pm

Hmm..I think EVERY employer have to give you P60 ,otherwise he is not doing legal business...Also you might find your self in a problem as you dont have any proof that you have paid TAX .Also when you go back to your home country India , you need to show that you have paid Tax on your savings,else you WILL have to pay tax on your savings(which u take back from UK)
So it is for your benefit that you ask for P60 (it is a differnt matter that your employer might refuse it as normally all Indian employers do..)

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:08 pm

There are two ways of Indian companies pay their employees in UK

1. One is paying maing main salary in India and allowance in UK
2. Other is paying main salary in UK (with tax) and with / without pay in India

and any Indian company can pay under Category 1 only for initial 2 years of stay of their employee(or slightly more than this , not sure about time frame), then they must pay under category 2

So by theory you must pay tax and must have NI number if you are here for more than 2 years anyway

if you are claiming with main salary in India and allowance in Uk dont worry about P60. if you are claiming for Gross salary in UK then showing proper P60 (with NI number) is a must I hope (atleast for some period of claim).

whatever I said is based on my own expeience. I too came here through Indian company. Initially was in workpermit and now in HSMp

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:20 pm

I think then you need to find out you are under which category,and if u r in category 1 then u r safe(legally)...You will have to pay Tax in India though (seperate matter altogether)...

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:23 pm

Yes,

Main thing I wanted to stress to applicants is, allowance wont have any Gross/Net component. It is just allowance. Only Indian salary slip will have Gross & Net component (If paid in Category 1)

If you have Gross & Net component in UK salary then your employer is trying to show that he is paying tax. then You must show tax return with NI number. If you have Gross/Net component un UK salary and if you dont have P60 then its something fishy

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:09 pm

One more thing,
if your SALARY is being paid in India(and allowance in UK) then you will have to apply using Counry as India and not UK...Well, but u have spent more then 6 months abroad,so dont know the exact rules..But check in HSMP rules about which country and band they will consider..

satsri

Post by satsri » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:28 pm

1) You MUST get your P60, which is a primary piece evidence. Otherwise, you have to state the reason why you can not submit your P60. If your employer is reluctant to give P60 then ask for the reason and put that as exceptional reason and then submit Bank Staement/Your salary on letter HEAD.

2) If you dont have Birth Certificate and DL then you should explain a valid reasons. Again, Notorized passport is an exceptional evidence If you have a valid reason then only HO will consider.

Bottom line is ...if you are submitting any exceptional evidence you MUST have a STRONG reason. otherwise, I would suggest you to speak to experience consultant......

baskey

Re: How can I apply for HSMP without having P60

Post by baskey » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:40 pm

pavanne wrote:Hi everyone,

& Regards
Pavan
Hi,

I recently wrote to FLR team about p60,

They said,

Salary slips, bank statement and letter from employer are sufficient enough, if P60 is not available. Also they said that its irrelevant to send last year P60 which will be covering only few months of my claiming period in my case.

Hope its helps you.

Regards,

Baskey

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:27 am

We are told different. You must supply a document to show tax is being paid. If you are paid in the UK then it is the p60, if paid in India...I forget the name of the form but you all know the one I mean.

There is no legal reason for this to be witheld.

If a 'friend' has offered to 'get' you a p60 for £800...decline. This will only get you in trouble. I recently had a client who (without telling me) had forged documents, and he was arrested for fraud. It is never worth that.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:14 am

I applied with a P60 which covers partial period of earning. I then supplied all original payslips and bank statements and a letter from employer stating the salary.

Actually P60 is not mandatory as long as you show original payslips (not a print from e-payslips) and bank statements.

Also, it will help greatly if you can show a letter from employer stating the salary.

If you getting allowance in UK and not paying tax, then do not apply on the basis of UK earning. Use your Indian earning instead.

If you have spent more than 6 months in last 12 months in UK, check with HO whether you can actually apply on the basis of Indian earning. It is prudent to save £400 rather than applying which will result in refusal for sure.

I was in same boat a year earlier! My Indian IT company refused to give any letter to helping my HSMP application. I then joined a UK based company (under WP) - worked here for a year and got all the letters without problem.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:24 am

Right,so it would be better for you to join a UK firm and then apply for HSMP as the UK form wont create any hurdles in you getting HSMP.
Few of my friends who r in UK working with Indian companies are doing the same thing as their Indian firms dont give them letters /payslips/references.If they press futher they are told to go back to India..(i was told the same thing when i came to UK way back on WP and i opted to go back instead of being part of such system)

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:39 pm

ashishashah wrote:One more thing,
if your SALARY is being paid in India(and allowance in UK) then you will have to apply using Counry as India and not UK...Well, but u have spent more then 6 months abroad,so dont know the exact rules..But check in HSMP rules about which country and band they will consider..
I think one has to be careful about this; the initial application guidance notes and the internal caseworker guidance notes both indicate that earnings are normally to be considered against the country band where the applicant was living and working (paras 42), even if salary was paid into an overseas account (para 43). AG

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:55 pm

You need either the P60 or the Indian form 16. The application will not be approved unless you can prove tax was being paid.

If you are physically in the UK you will be assessed on UK earnings category.

Victoria
Last edited by VictoriaS on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Going..going...gone!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:07 pm

In the past, there has been a few people caught producing fraudulent documents, but I did not hear anyone was arrested.

It seems they have become more strict. I believe this is the reflection of the number of fraudulent documents that have been discovered recently.

This shall become a bitter lesson for those who are thinking of producing fraudulent documents for their HSMP application. It also put bad name to the genuine applicants as they now subject to the more strirt verification.

If people have the nerve to forge Tax documents such as P60, Passport, etc. I would have imagined other documents were also forged as it was much easier to forge it.

VictoriaS wrote:We are told different. You must supply a document to show tax is being paid. If you are paid in the UK then it is the p60, if paid in India...I forget the name of the form but you all know the one I mean.

There is no legal reason for this to be witheld.

If a 'friend' has offered to 'get' you a p60 for £800...decline. This will only get you in trouble. I recently had a client who (without telling me) had forged documents, and he was arrested for fraud. It is never worth that.

Victoria
Last edited by pantaiema on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pantaiema

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:57 pm

People shall not pay a penny to get P60. You should get it from your employer not from anywhere else, It is a legal obligation.
U will not escape proscection by pretending that U were not aware that U were offered fraudulent doicuments.
pavanne wrote:Hi Hari,
Yesterday I called to one of my friend's friend, who is maintaining a consultancy in UK. He said that he can manage this. he will prepare P60 form for me from his CA, and will file for my HSMP. He is charging 800 pounds for my filing.

I don't know how can he prepare my P60..
Can anyone please suggest what are the possible ways for me?
Last edited by pantaiema on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pantaiema

pavanne
Newly Registered

Post by pavanne » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi Friends,
Thansk for your replies.

1) Regarding Birth Certificate, I have 2 options
i) Will get Provisional Driving Licence from UK, and will submit that.
ii) Will get Birth certificate from the Munsipality office in India.
Please advise me on either of these. i.e whether provisional certificate is sufficient or not, and birth certificate getting now will be valid or not...

2) Regarding P60, I don't know how to get that...
In the Deputation letter which my company given when i am coming here, they clearly said that I will be assisted by HR team on submitting tax forms in Uk..
But, couldn't get any mails regarding that till now.

I am getting only little part of actual indian salary(Basic) in India. So that amount will not sifficient for me to gain earning points.

I don't have either P60 for UK salary or
Form 16/ SARAL form with enough money in Indian sal
What else can I do now..Any final suggessions?

If any legel consultancies in UK who can file my HSMP. Please let me know. My mail ID is pavan.tib@gmail.com

Once again thanks for your replies and support.

Regards
Pavan

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:47 pm

pavanne wrote:Hi Friends,
Thansk for your replies.

I dont think Provisional Licenses are acceptable proof
Please advise me on either of these. i.e whether provisional certificate is sufficient or not, and birth certificate getting now will be valid or not...

In the Deputation letter which my company given when i am coming here, they clearly said that I will be assisted by HR team on submitting tax forms in Uk..

I am getting only little part of actual indian salary(Basic) in India. So that amount will not sifficient for me to gain earning points.

If any legel consultancies in UK who can file my HSMP. Please let me know. My mail ID is pavan.tib@gmail.com
Whether you use a consultancy or not, you would still need to get the documentation yourself

Regards
Pavan

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:06 pm

pavanne wrote:Hi Friends,
Thansk for your replies.

Regards
Pavan
Hi pavan,
If you are applying based on UK income, P60 is a must

If you dont have P60 and have Indian tax returns you will come under Indian category of earning points scale and not under UK scale.If you are paid allowance in UK I hope there are some chances of amalgamating Indian & UK income and apply under Indian category But I dont know its procedures consult a immigration expert

again as far as I know if you dont have P60 you cant apply under UK category of earning and P60 should be got only from your Employer and not from any third person. Getting from 3rd person is illegal , if caught you may loose even the current work permit status in UK. And there is absolutly no reason for an employer not to give you P60, if he is really paying tax.

satsri

Post by satsri » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:50 pm

Few of my friends who r in UK working with Indian companies are doing the same thing as their Indian firms dont give them letters /payslips/references.If they press futher they are told to go back to India..(i was told the same thing when i came to UK way back on WP and i opted to go back instead of being part of such system)
Please do not generalise your Problem, I worked for 2 Indian firms in UK..and they did give me P60 and proper payslips required for HSMP.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:09 pm

Please do not generalise your Problem, I worked for 2 Indian firms in UK..and they did give me P60 and proper payslips required for HSMP.
Hi,

This is not my Problem..I am not the OP...i was trying to help him...
See before you jump

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Good to know about this, so he people do not generalise.
I think HSMP people should not support the dodgy companies operating in the UK. For the long term it is also HSMP applicant’s interest not to work in these companies.
It is a general truth there are always be the good and the bad guys in nay part of the world.

What I am quite concerned here is that, although in work permit, the victims sometimes still considered as if they were working in their home countries rather then in the UK.

satsri wrote:

Pantaiema

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:27 pm

Pavanne - please let me know if you would like my assistance with your application.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!