ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Form AN for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Help with Form AN for Naturalization

Post by Tier1G09 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Hello Team,

I am planning to apply for my naturalization application in mid of March.

I need your help regarding Q1.50
Employment history in UK during past 10 years, or since date of entry if you have been here for less than 10 years.

I came to UK in Sept 2006 as a student and did various short term part time jobs in Call centre, work bank etc

Do I need to provide details of all the jobs I had in last 10 years?

Also I don't remember the dates and duration of each job I did as I was student then.

Is there any way I can find out my previous employers?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with Form AN for Naturalization

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Yes.

Ask HMRC for your full employment history. I hope you didn't work more than you were allowed to as a student.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Yes.

Ask HMRC for your full employment history. I hope you didn't work more than you were allowed to as a student.
Thanks for you reply. Yeah I did work according to rules but did work full time during holidays.

Also I was self employed for few months, do i need to provide details for that as well?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:34 pm

Be aware the naturalisation fee is increasing to £1236 on the 18th of March :!:

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:35 pm

ohara wrote:Be aware the naturalisation fee is increasing to £1236 on the 18th of March :!:
Yes I am aware of that.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Tier1G09 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Yes.

Thanks for you reply. Yeah I did work according to rules but did work full time during holidays.

Also I was self employed for few months, do i need to provide details for that as well?
Pretty certain self-employment or running any sort of business was verboten under a student visa....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Wanderer wrote: Pretty certain self-employment or running any sort of business was verboten under a student visa....
[/quote]

Yes I know about this. I was self employed when I was under Tier 1 general visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Though this is not a tax forum, you need to ensure that ALL your tax affairs are in order and income declared to HO and HMRC correspond for your time as self employed on Tier 1 G.

All employment must be listed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:53 pm

CR001 wrote:Though this is not a tax forum, you need to ensure that ALL your tax affairs are in order and income declared to HO and HMRC correspond for your time as self employed on Tier 1 G.

I called home office and they mentioned that applicant needs to provide all the details of their employment.
I also called HMRC and they can only provide last 5 year work history.
I also found below link to request work history but its mentioned in the form that they will not entertain any work history requests.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ry-request

Can someone please let me know how can I get my last work history as I dont have any old part time job pay slips with me.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:35 am

Tier1G09 wrote:
CR001 wrote:Though this is not a tax forum, you need to ensure that ALL your tax affairs are in order and income declared to HO and HMRC correspond for your time as self employed on Tier 1 G.

I called home office and they mentioned that applicant needs to provide all the details of their employment.
I also called HMRC and they can only provide last 5 year work history.
I also found below link to request work history but its mentioned in the form that they will not entertain any work history requests.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ry-request

Can someone please let me know how can I get my last work history as I dont have any old part time job pay slips with me.
Please help guys!