ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Under 17 years visa application for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Under 17 years visa application for ILR

Post by freeman0410 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:03 am

My friend move to London when he was 17 years old . Now he is living in London more than 7 years . Is there any immigration rules that he can apply for visa which allow him to stay in UK and help him to obtain ILR. We heard that if anyone came before 17 tears old and stay till 25 years , he/she can apply for ILR . Can any one answer ???

noajthan

Re: Under 17 years visa application for ILR

Post by noajthan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:20 am

freeman0410 wrote:My friend move to London when he was 17 years old . Now he is living in London more than 7 years . Is there any immigration rules that he can apply for visa which allow him to stay in UK and help him to obtain ILR. We heard that if anyone came before 17 tears old and stay till 25 years , he/she can apply for ILR . Can any one answer ???
Nationality?
Any documents?
Any illegal working?
Overstayer?
Current immigration status?
Any particular reason not to return to home/mother country?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:23 pm

The provision for getting ILR by long residence has been significantly curtailed since 2012.

Your friend is not even eligible for FLR(FP) on that basis any more.

Section 276ADE(2) in part reads
(v) is aged 18 years or above and under 25 years and has spent at least half of his life living continuously
in the UK (discounting any period of imprisonment); or
(vi) subject to paragraph 276ADE(2), is aged 18 years or above, has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) but there would be very significant obstacles to the
applicant’s integration into the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Post by freeman0410 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:00 pm

noajthan wrote:
freeman0410 wrote:My friend move to London when he was 17 years old . Now he is living in London more than 7 years . Is there any immigration rules that he can apply for visa which allow him to stay in UK and help him to obtain ILR. We heard that if anyone came before 17 tears old and stay till 25 years , he/she can apply for ILR . Can any one answer ???
Nationality?
Any documents?
Any illegal working?
Overstayer?
Current immigration status?
Any particular reason not to return to home/mother country?
Bangladeshi,
Currently on student visa
No illegal work
Always under immigration rule - student visa - PSW- tier 4
University student under tier 4
Perticular reason is detached from family cos of active involvement with opposition political party .

Thank you dear noajthan .

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Post by freeman0410 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Dear All Brothers ,
Please help with this situation

Come to this country under age of 18 and completed 7 years with in the immigration rules , is he eligible to apply 7 years child rules , detached from family , just visited once his country ( Bangladesh ) for 2 days .
What category he can apply ? Any suggestion or any competent solicitor to consult with about it ?
Currently on student visa studied in university but the university is suspended and his visa will expired on April .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:42 pm

is he eligible to apply 7 years child rules
No, because he is NOT a child (i.e. under 18 years old etc).

How old was he when he came to the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:01 pm

There appear to be few options.
secret.simon wrote:The provision for getting ILR by long residence has been significantly curtailed since 2012.

Your friend is not even eligible for FLR(FP) on that basis any more.

Section 276ADE(2) in part reads
(v) is aged 18 years or above and under 25 years and has spent at least half of his life living continuously in the UK (discounting any period of imprisonment); or
(vi) subject to paragraph 276ADE(2), is aged 18 years or above, has lived continuously in the UK for less than 20 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) but there would be very significant obstacles to the applicant’s integration into the country to which he would have to go if required to leave the UK.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.