ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 - NHS SURCHARGE CONFUSION

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravi.bopara
Newly Registered

TIER 2 - NHS SURCHARGE CONFUSION

Post by ravi.bopara » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:49 am

Good Morning Every1.

I am in a situation where i need advice from people who have been in similar situation recently.
I got Tier 2 in June, 2015 and paid £600 NHS surcharge fee. Now i am changing employer, but not sure about these things:

1. Do I have to pay NHS surcharge again?

2. If no, how and why?

3. If yes, then what about £600 paid earlier?

Need advice from people who have been to this situation in recent times. Thanks.

vinny

Re: TIER 2 - NHS SURCHARGE CONFUSION

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:07 pm

1. Yes.
3. Unclear.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ravi.bopara
Newly Registered

Post by ravi.bopara » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:12 pm

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

Please check this link: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... isa_switch

Dear Sir/Madam,

If you makes a fresh application, for example to move to a new sponsor or apply for a Spouse visa, you would be required to pay the surcharge alongside the new immigration application, for the full duration of the leave for which you may be granted. In the event you are granted, you will be refunded the difference in the surcharge between the sum you paid with the first application and with the second (except for periods of less than 6 months). In practice this means that applicants in this situation will not be paying the surcharge twice for the same period of leave.

You may be eligible for the difference in the surcharge you have paid. You will need to write to the case worker with both of your IHS reference numbers to request for the refund. You can find their address from your most recent correspondence.

I hope this has clarified the situation and is helpful.

Yours faithfully,

Wayne Fairweather
UK Visas and Immigration

ravi.bopara
Newly Registered

Post by ravi.bopara » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi.

Anyone who have been to this phase and experienced it, please share your recent experiences. Thanks.

ravi.bopara
Newly Registered

Post by ravi.bopara » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:29 am

Any response by person who have been to this phase recently will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.