ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa Applied - VFS officers concern

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPQueries

Dependent Visa Applied - VFS officers concern

Post by HSMPQueries » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:59 pm

I applied for my HSMP EC today along with my wife as the dependent. The VFS officer going through our documents expressed concern about the dependents sponsor (that is me) does not have a job in hand. The officer said that she would be making a note about it in our application.

My question is, the point of applying for the HSMP visa in most cases is that the applicant would be looking for a job in the UK post getting the EC, else a work permit would be a more suitable option.

Would the note from the officer have any detrimental effect on our application?

We have collectively shown about GBP 12,000 and a hotel accommodation for the first 16 nights.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:20 pm

VFS representatives are NOT immigration advisors, have not been trained as immigration advisors, do not know the rules, are not supposed to comment on applications in this way, and are JUST document handlers. Ignore them and don't worry.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:30 pm

Victoria - Thank you for the prompt reply. Helps us relax.

rvag
Newly Registered

Post by rvag » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:11 am

VFS officers should stop commenting/suggesting about applications and applicant eligibility.

HO has announced what is the eligible criteria and the applicants (with/without the help of consultants) are trying to put the best application they can and here we have the VFS people trying to say this doc would not be needed and so on. This unnecessarily put strain on the applicants who are not able to produce the documents they choose is right to the BHC.

You are just fine in your position for HSMP EC, > 90% of HSMP EC applicants apply for EC for dependants without job in hand and they get approved.

Good luck.

HSMPQueries

Post by HSMPQueries » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:15 am

Thanks rvag. That is re-assuring. I had checked with others in the same position as mine prior to applying and they apparently left those sections blank as well.