ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Route For Elder Sister/Sibling!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stella_bud123
Newly Registered

Surinder Singh Route For Elder Sister/Sibling!

Post by stella_bud123 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:37 am

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. Can anyone point me to the direction. I have the following query:

1) I am a british national and I am contemplating to go to ITALY to exercise my EU rights. Is it possible for my elderly dependent sister(30+) to come to UK by exercising the Surinder Singh route?

I can see that Italy does have a visa category(short term/long term) for sibling. So is it possible to exercise Surinder Singh route?

If not. What are my options?

Thanks in advance.

malik0543

Re: Surinder Singh Route For Elder Sister/Sibling!

Post by malik0543 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:39 am

HI Stella

whats your sister status in Italy ?

is she granted 5 year residence card ?

noajthan

Re: Surinder Singh Route For Elder Sister/Sibling!

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:10 am

stella_bud123 wrote:Hello all,

I am new to this forum. Can anyone point me to the direction. I have the following query:

1) I am a british national and I am contemplating to go to ITALY to exercise my EU rights. Is it possible for my elderly dependent sister(30+) to come to UK by exercising the Surinder Singh route?

I can see that Italy does have a visa category(short term/long term) for sibling. So is it possible to exercise Surinder Singh route?

If not. What are my options?

Thanks in advance.
Elderly at 31 :?: :!:

A sister is an extended family member.
You can get up to speed with EU free movement (as it is currently set up) here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

Read about Surinder Singh here:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/surinde ... ion-route/

You may be aware UK plays hardball on SS with its somewhat controversial centre of life tests wrapped around the purer EU law.
That means you will need to shift and transfer your whole family life out to Italy.
Things may also be changing as a result of recent discussions in Europe and DC's initiatives - so 'watch this space' (both here in this forum & in the media as a whole).

What nationality is sister?
Where does she live now?

Has she lived with you recently in your household ? that is a household with you as head of household?

Is sister financially dependent on you?
is she married &/or dependent on anyone else?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.