ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Italy Schengen visa - Indian couple - questions

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

megatop

Italy Schengen visa - Indian couple - questions

Post by megatop » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:17 am

Hi

I am applying for a Schengen Tourist visa at the VFS Italy on 23rd of this month. I have the following questions.

Facts
Myself + wife - both Indian nationals with ILR
Daughter - born in UK and on British PP

Trip 1 - Italy - April 27 - May 3
Trip 2 - Norway - May 28 - June 1

Fully paid flight tickets for both trips
One fully paid Accomodation, rest anytime cancellation bookings, not paid yet

Questions
1. Should my Marriage Certificate be apostilled/ legalised etc ?? Marriage certificate issued by Indian state (TamilNadu), but fully in English.

2. Should all my hotel bookings be fully paid in advance?

3. I can provide my Current & FlexSaver statements for 3 months, but none of them have a hefty balance for the last 3 months. Am I expected to maintain a healthy balance all the three months or can it be for the last month or 15 days?

4. I am expecting that I can just turn up at the Italian/ Norwegian border with my daughters passport. I am not doing anything w.r.t her papers, except the Travel Insurance.

Thanks to you all in advance.
Karthik

megatop

Re: Italy Schengen visa - Indian couple - questions

Post by megatop » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:04 am

I have been granted Schengen visa for 3 months and hence replying to my own questions..

1. Marriage cert need not be apostilled while applying by paying the full fees. This is only required when applying as a family member of a EEA national.

2. Hotel bookings need not be fully paid in advance. A cancel-able reservation is sufficient.

3. Balance is not required to be maintained for the entire 3 month period. It is better to maintain for as long as possible

My daughter is British and is travelling with us. The VFS person told me that if I can provide her original passport and birth certificate I need not pay the visa fees. Just the service charge is required. I didn't have any of those so got it by paying the visa fees.

lulu218
Newly Registered

Post by lulu218 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi

did you book flights and hotels prior to applying for visa?

or can we just apply and show them expected dates when we are planning to travel, I dont wanna book it and not get a schengen visa for my wife lol

A

megatop

Post by megatop » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi,

I had booked my flights in advance.

I had also made hotel bookings, but unlike flights, they are fully refundable so no worries there.

lulu218
Newly Registered

Post by lulu218 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:26 pm

megatop wrote:Hi,

I had booked my flights in advance.

I had also made hotel bookings, but unlike flights, they are fully refundable so no worries there.
thanks for getting back to me, hope you had a fab time : )