ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Merry Christmas Ministers

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tadpole
Newly Registered

Merry Christmas Ministers

Post by tadpole » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:45 pm

Dear All,

As some (or many) of you know waiting time for the naturalisation and long term residency applications has grown absolutely unreasonably in the last couple of years. It now takes more than three years for a naturalisation application to be considered and more than 17 months to process a long term residency application.

To draw attention to this appalling service, we are sending a Christmas post card to both Minister of Justice and Minister of Integration with the following or similar text. Write in whatever way you feel, but do send a card to show your concern and dissatisfaction with the service the Department of Justice is providing.
Dear Mr Lenihan,

Season's greetings to you and your colleagues in the Ministry of Justice. Wishing you and your families all the very best in the new year and please don't forget about all the people waiting in the queues for naturalisation and long term residency applications to be processed.

Sincerely yours,
GNIB registration number XXXXX [or] naturalisation case number 69/XXXX/200X.
Addresses to send the postcards to:

Brian Lenihan (Minister of Justice)
Constituency Office:
Laurel Lodge Shopping Centre
Dublin 15

Ministerial Office:
94 St. Stephen's Green
Dublin 2

Conor Lenihan (Minister of Integration)
Constituency Office:
515 Tallaght Village
Dublin 24

Ministerial Office:
Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs
Dun Aimhirgin
43-49 Mespil Road
Dublin 4

Please do send a postcard to both Ministers this week - your voice can make a difference!

ChIrl

Merry Christmas

Post by ChIrl » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:42 am

Great Idea. I thought of suggesting the same few months back, but could not do so, worrying about the response. I hope everyone will do their bit sending greetings rather than complaining always in the forum.

I also suggest changing the subject of this thread to elicit more response.

Regards

tadpole
Newly Registered

Post by tadpole » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:45 pm

UP

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:12 pm

HI everyone, I've just joined this form to find out which month applications the immigration office is currently (as of 26th Dec 07) processing. I applied for the LTR this year in July. How long do you think I should be waiting for? (I received a letter on 27th Nov saying that they were processing the applications from July 2006...)

regards