ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Section 16

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

robertzak
Newly Registered

EEA PR Section 16

Post by robertzak » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello there,

I've completed the EEA PR form and I've gathered all the documents/statements needed to be sent with the form. I am just going through the form again to check for any forgotten thing, errors etc...

And I am quite uncertain about one thing:

At the Section 16 - Public funds (state benefits) there is a question to list all state benefits I quote: "since you have lived in the UK" I've lived in the uk for over 10 years; do I list all 10 years or just last 5 years? The form requires all documents and statements for the last five years.

Many thanks,
Robert

marcusp
Newly Registered

Re: EEA PR Section 16

Post by marcusp » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi Robert,

I have the same question.

Did you find out what is the right level of information to provide for section 16.

ie. 5 years, 10 years or no information at all?

Thanks.

milltina
Newly Registered

Post by milltina » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:44 pm

Section 16: Public funds / state benefits
 Your or your sponsor’s bank statements showing receipt of the relevant benefit(s)
 Letter(s) from Jobcentre Plus, Department for Work and Pensions, Her Majesty’s Revenue and
Customs, or the local authority, confirming receipt of the relevant benefit

as looking on information from
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/pr-checker-test/

Section 16: Public funds (state benefits)
This section does not need completing unless you are applying on the basis of self sufficiency or studies, in which case you may need to complete it. This is because for those routes you need to show that you have been able to support yourself without reliance on welfare benefits.

Than this section you only need to complete only if applying on the basis of self sufficiency or studies

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:46 pm

This is an example of where the UK form appears to go above and beyond what is required by EU law.

Also worth noting that the current 'monster' PR form is not a mandatory, legal requirement.
There are earlier (simpler) versions of the form available.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.