ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 Entrepreneur - Misconceptions

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maxtheman
Newly Registered

TIER 1 Entrepreneur - Misconceptions

Post by maxtheman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:17 am

Hey Guys,

This should be my first ever post on this forum. I am looking towards entrepreneur visa (Tier 1) by May 2016. I have visited few consultant here in Pakistan and talked to few "known-for-it" guys, but haven't been told definite answers to my following situation:

1) I am an entrepreneur who has previously done great on a patented technology product via funding (0% stake).
2) I got the previous business registered in USA in order to receive payments & due to legality of the matter.
3) I generated about 90,000 GBP via that. Now, i have those 90,000 + 120 at my discretion, made available to me via a family member.

I have a wife and a kid and i want to apply for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa to UK with access to 200K. I think my tech product is going to take off in European area as it is an everyday essential for the daily commuters.

Now my questions are simple:
a) Can i get funds from a family member made available to me to apply for T1E?
b) Should these funds be in my local Pakistani bank acc? (I can't have them in a uk acc as long as i am not there)
c) When i apply for visa along with business plan and all, will i have to transfer these funds to uk acc or that's after i get approved.
d) Do i have to invest all 200K at one time or can i do investment in chunks when in uk, (for example, 70,000 upfront and remaining spread over a period of 2 years?
e) My line of business is not related to my field or degree of studies, is that okay? I mean that what entrepreneurs usually do lol.

Please let me know, i shall be grateful for any help that i can get here.

Cheers

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: TIER 1 Entrepreneur - Misconceptions

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:50 am

maxtheman wrote:Hey Guys,

This should be my first ever post on this forum. I am looking towards entrepreneur visa (Tier 1) by May 2016. I have visited few consultant here in Pakistan and talked to few "known-for-it" guys, but haven't been told definite answers to my following situation:

1) I am an entrepreneur who has previously done great on a patented technology product via funding (0% stake).
2) I got the previous business registered in USA in order to receive payments & due to legality of the matter.
3) I generated about 90,000 GBP via that. Now, i have those 90,000 + 120 at my discretion, made available to me via a family member.

I have a wife and a kid and i want to apply for Tier 1 entrepreneur visa to UK with access to 200K. I think my tech product is going to take off in European area as it is an everyday essential for the daily commuters.

Now my questions are simple:
a) Can i get funds from a family member made available to me to apply for T1E?
b) Should these funds be in my local Pakistani bank acc? (I can't have them in a uk acc as long as i am not there)
c) When i apply for visa along with business plan and all, will i have to transfer these funds to uk acc or that's after i get approved.
d) Do i have to invest all 200K at one time or can i do investment in chunks when in uk, (for example, 70,000 upfront and remaining spread over a period of 2 years?
e) My line of business is not related to my field or degree of studies, is that okay? I mean that what entrepreneurs usually do lol.

Please let me know, i shall be grateful for any help that i can get here.

Cheers
Please make sure to read HO guide on Tier 1 entrepreneur as most of your questions are covered there:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1_2015.pdf

A. Yes. This covered in the guide
B. When applying from outside the UK, your funds must be held locally
C. No. You transfer it when you moved to the uk and opened an account here
D. Not necessarily. As long as you have access to all my our 200k at all times, you can invest it in chunks within your initial 3 years grant.
E. Not necessarily given that you can show you have experience and knowledge regarding your line of work. You are highly likely will be called to attend an interview at the ebassy and will be given a chance to provide extra details and information on you business proposal.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

u_m_e_r
- thin ice -

Post by u_m_e_r » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:30 pm

and i hope you already know the other requirement which are IELTS UKVI, Account Maintenance for 90 days other then you investment and if the amount is funded by 3rd party as you said your family member then 3rd part contract is required as well

do let me know if you need more help on this as i have recently applied for this Visa and waiting for the result.

wanted to reach out to me ? then ......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kindly refrain from posting contact details in public, this is the third time you have done this.

You can & will be warned then banned for such behaviour.

Members are reminded of Board T&Cs
Last edited by noajthan on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

u_m_e_r
- thin ice -

Post by u_m_e_r » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:36 pm

ok i will but i am unable to send PM looks like this option is not active for me

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:54 pm

No it isn't as you haven't made 30 posts.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

maxtheman
Newly Registered

Post by maxtheman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:50 pm

Thanks for the prompt replies everyone, also one last question. Will my wife be allowed to work being a dependent on this visa? Or are there any restrictions to it? P.s ... I scored 8.5 for IELTS ! Fingers crossed... time to execute action plan.

Cheers

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:53 pm

maxtheman wrote:Thanks for the prompt replies everyone, also one last question. Will my wife be allowed to work being a dependent on this visa? Or are there any restrictions to it? P.s ... I scored 8.5 for IELTS ! Fingers crossed... time to execute action plan.

Cheers
Yes she can. She will be allowed to take up employment here, unlike you :lol:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

maxtheman
Newly Registered

Post by maxtheman » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:35 am

zimba88 wrote:
maxtheman wrote:Thanks for the prompt replies everyone, also one last question. Will my wife be allowed to work being a dependent on this visa? Or are there any restrictions to it? P.s ... I scored 8.5 for IELTS ! Fingers crossed... time to execute action plan.

Cheers
Yes she can. She will be allowed to take up employment here, unlike you :lol:
That sounds great. Thanks for the great info everyone. I met couple of people who claim that you can still get rejected even if you have everything according to rules, is that true?

u_m_e_r
- thin ice -

Post by u_m_e_r » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:21 pm

in current scenario rejection % is like 90% i have fulfilled all of the requirements and got refusal with very lame objections nothing on my documents and not even about interview they just blame me for the things i didn't mansion in my interview. even one of my friend who invested in UK before apply and then also fulfill the requirement of Tier 1 Ent (200000) for more then 90days in the bank got refused.... i don't know why but they are refusing majority of visa applications now a days.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:51 am

u_m_e_r wrote:in current scenario rejection % is like 90% i have fulfilled all of the requirements and got refusal with very lame objections nothing on my documents and not even about interview they just blame me for the things i didn't mansion in my interview. even one of my friend who invested in UK before apply and then also fulfill the requirement of Tier 1 Ent (200000) for more then 90days in the bank got refused.... i don't know why but they are refusing majority of visa applications now a days.
I am guessing that the high rejection rate is because too many applications are not really passing the Genuine Entrepreneurs Test. Or in other words the main intent of the applicant is not actually to create a thriving business but rather do the minimum to make the Visa. This is very subjective (and managed by bureaucrats)

All I can suggest is really think over the business case and make it clear intention is really strong.

I don't think it is in the guidelines officially but I would guess more creative entrepreneurial businesses have a better chance (e.g. does the UK really need someone opening another local restaurant for a few more near minimum wage jobs Vs development of a new world changing technology)

All this is just opinion on my side!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:59 am

seasky wrote:I am guessing that the high rejection rate is because too many applications are not really passing the Genuine Entrepreneurs Test. Or in other words the main intent of the applicant is not actually to create a thriving business but rather do the minimum to make the Visa. This is very subjective (and managed by bureaucrats)

All I can suggest is really think over the business case and make it clear intention is really strong.

I don't think it is in the guidelines officially but I would guess more creative entrepreneurial businesses have a better chance (e.g. does the UK really need someone opening another local restaurant for a few more near minimum wage jobs Vs development of a new world changing technology)

+1

Or does UK really need a failing MOT garage that turned into an IT hardware box shifter - as described recently in forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:29 am

noajthan wrote:
seasky wrote:I am guessing that the high rejection rate is because too many applications are not really passing the Genuine Entrepreneurs Test. Or in other words the main intent of the applicant is not actually to create a thriving business but rather do the minimum to make the Visa. This is very subjective (and managed by bureaucrats)

+1

Or does UK really need a failing MOT garage that turned into an IT hardware box shifter - as described recently in forum.
Well this is a long discussion (I think that the jobs created should be double min wage for example)

But to the OP. Build a plan that creates real value for the UK. Remember that is the point of this Visa. In addition show your experience and background for this business. So if you are a mechanical engineer then there should be a connection. Lastly try to go over the minimums (do you have £300k to invest? etc)

u_m_e_r
- thin ice -

Post by u_m_e_r » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:23 pm

well all the things you have mentioned above and i have fulfilled all like i am from IT sector from last 15 years and i have create BP as per my experience and also provide the researches of well know firms about the needs of this business in BP with all the fact a figures. and as you said wage i have specified as per the market and it was more then double of minimum wage so these are reasons i think they didnt find any issue with my BP. one if the refusal point is they said i didnt provide the proof of my researches i have specified in the BP but i have provided all the reference like who is the company and it background and even the web link of that research.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Well another idea. Make sure the BP fits the UK as in why it makes sense to do this business in the UK and not elsewhere. That can't hurt in interview

u_m_e_r
- thin ice -

Post by u_m_e_r » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:56 am

you know i have specified this reason as well why UK and how we will compete with the existing companies.
thats why i am saying they are refusing visa application with lame excuses

u_m_e_r
- thin ice -

Post by u_m_e_r » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:27 pm

i am still waiting for the response of AR i have submitted 20th of last month i just need to know what would be the process if my case got approve i mean will i get any email which will instruct me to submit the passport and any other detail? and in case of decline there will be email which contain same or different objections?

and as per UKVI they said they will process AR in 28 working days so will it take 28days max or it can go more than that?

moongesture
Member of Standing

Post by moongesture » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:42 pm

AR can take up-to 28 days and some time more then that in case if your case is complex or if further verification is needed before providing you an outcome.

Normally an AR is having same outcome as your initial decision. But exceptions are always a possibility.

u_m_e_r
- thin ice -

Post by u_m_e_r » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:49 pm

will there be any possibility of more abjections to be added or will remain same and luckily if it get approve will i get an email for submitting passport or they need more detail to provide with passport.

i know most of the time they keep the same objection and refuse AR but being positive if i am in the execptions 8)