ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Professional Reference for Child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karg_g

Urgent Professional Reference for Child

Post by karg_g » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Friends,

I have booked Naturalisation for my 2nd Child born in UK before we got ILR. I called up GP but they refused saying we have not been with them for past two years. My health visitor has not responded yet. The school where my daughter gors initially agreed and just this evening they refused as well. Do you have any other suggestions for my 2nd Child. He is just 3 months old. Please let me know ASAP. My appointment is tomorrow.
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Urgent Professional Reference for Child

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:47 pm

You really should wait for your BRP. The letter you got from premium service likely does not say 'granted ILR'. The BRP is proof of this.

Is there anyone you/your family know that is professional that can sign. Maybe a Personal License holder at the off license near your home, a pharmacist.....
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:48 am

karg_g wrote:Friends,

I have booked Naturalisation for my 2nd Child born in UK before we got ILR. I called up GP but they refused saying we have not been with them for past two years. My health visitor has not responded yet. The school where my daughter gors initially agreed and just this evening they refused as well. Do you have any other suggestions for my 2nd Child. He is just 3 months old. Please let me know ASAP. My appointment is tomorrow.
Hi Friend,
I cant understand, how you can apply for Naturalization for your child when you are not Permanent Resident. The home office or the UKBA does not given any letter with your name and address (document proof) that you are a Permanent Resident apart from your BRP card .
coming down to the referee, for your 3 months old child should not be problem.

Please find my experience in the link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1313896
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 am

tamilmaran wrote:
karg_g wrote:Friends,

Hi Friend,
I cant understand, how you can apply for Naturalization for your child when you are not Permanent Resident. The home office or the UKBA does not given any letter with your name and address (document proof) that you are a Permanent Resident apart from your BRP card .
coming down to the referee, for your 3 months old child should not be problem.

Please find my experience in the link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1313896
The OP applied for and was granted ILR on 27th Feb. See his post in the link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1313532
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alien.uk
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alien.uk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:07 pm

My friends who are directors of limited company did the professional reference for both my kids last year and I had a hassle free Citizenship process for them. (Both for Naturalization and Passport reference)

I ran pillar to post similar to you seeking professional reference but all went in vain. Even the nursery school my daughter attends won't sign, understandably so it is a matter of security where their British passport number and address need to be furnished.

I recommend you to seek help from your friends if that is a possibility.

Good Luck
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Hi friends,

This may be useful for some, who needs to get reference for child.
I read somewhere the professionals need not give their passport details, instead they can write "Can provide on Request ". They can give the work address instead of home address. What I came to know is that there wont be much of checks for children less than 10 years born in UK and above 10 years they do a criminal check as they do for adults. This is my view and I cannot provide evidence for the same.
Please update BC timeline in google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0

I am another user just like you.....!!
===TAMILMARAN===

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:51 pm

tamilmaran wrote:Hi friends,

This may be useful for some, who needs to get reference for child.
I read somewhere the professionals need not give their passport details, instead they can write "Can provide on Request ". They can give the work address instead of home address. What I came to know is that there wont be much of checks for children less than 10 years born in UK and above 10 years they do a criminal check as they do for adults. This is my view and I cannot provide evidence for the same.
These matters are all covered in official HO guidance.

The 'good character' requirements (for over 10 years old) are quite separate from any referee references.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Friends,

Thanks for your support. I sincerely apologize for not responding earlier. Yes i got my ILR on 26th Feb and BRP arrived by post on 02nd March.
I did call one of my friends last night and he had the exact same issue. He went around this by getting professional reference from his Senior manager in a reputable FTSE 100 company. I followed the same, since i also work for one of those FTSE's. My appointment was at 11:00 today but i showed up 45 mins earlier. I was lucky and straight away was processed with all the paper work. The CW assured me citizenship for my 2nd Child is almost done deal (more like entitlement) so nothing to worry. I did print my Manager Name, Title and his work email address. However the CW was sure of not needing them. I had prepared a cover letter as well, again this was not needed as per CW. I had not filled the MN1 form wherever i had doubts/concerns, however the CW was kind enough to fill them. After all was done she asked whether i would like to apply for joint passport scheme. I agreed and she filled all the passport form . I just signed where as requested.

I was out by 11:05. Overall very very smooth experience and will definitely recommend Wandsworth NCS. She also said if we do change address, do not contact the passport tracking form, because they wont have any visibility, until Registration (Naturalization) is complete.

Docs Submitted:

MN1 form
Original Long Birth Certificate
BRP ILR of myself and wife
Marriage Certificate of ourselves.
Passports both myself and wife

All orginial were photocopied (they dont accept if you bring in your own photocopies) and returned.

She said roughly there is two month wait time for Adults and for kids it could be shorter. Fingers crossed now, lets see

Good luck
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation