ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can naturalization approve where non-eu divorced EU citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Can naturalization approve where non-eu divorced EU citizen

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Hi
One of my friend had got ILR on 10 years long residence basis where his last 2 year's were spent as the EU national family member and he had already provided the treaty rights evidences of eu national of the time he was family member of eu national. The ILR application was successfully approved but later things did not work and they are now divorced. Now the question is that whether can he apply naturalizatiin application with divorced status while having ILR.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can naturalization approve where non-eu divorced EU citi

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:03 pm

Yes, he can apply if he meets ALL the requirements. Divorce is not an issue. His status is not dependent on the EU spouse (ex) anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.